Facial rollers are a buzzy beauty product that is on-trend and being adopted by beauty lovers. If you’re a skincare enthusiast, you’ve likely noticed them on social media, at your favorite beauty retailers, or even at your local spa. Used by estheticians and beauty influencers, they’re great for self-care days, getting some much needed R&R, and most importantly your skin.
Facial rollers are a unique beauty tool and it can be hard to know if you’re using them properly. Do I roll it all over my face? Do I only use it on certain parts of my face? Can I use it everyday or only once a week? If you’re adding a rose quartz roller to your skincare routine, here’s everything you need to know to receive the full extent of its beauty benefits.
How to Use a Rose Quartz Roller
- Before you use your rose quartz roller, perform the first part of your skincare routine by washing your face with water and your preferred cleanser. Pat down the skin.
- Apply toner and then your favorite serum. If you want radiant, glowing skin, we recommend the Sdara Vitamin C Serum. This serum and a rose quartz roller are a match made in skincare heaven.
- Next, roll your rose quartz roller in an upward motion. Do not roll up and down. Start under your jawline and repeat up to 5 rolls.
- Roll outward toward your hairline, under and along your cheekbones. Then, roll along your eyebrows and upward on your forehead.
- Remember to roll up to 5 times on each area of your face.
- Roll vigorously and firmly on and under your cheeks.
- Lastly, use the small end of the roller to roll under-eye areas. Be delicate, as the skin here is sensitive.
- Use your rose quartz roller until your serum is fully absorbed or until you feel your facial massage is complete. However, we suggest a 5-10 minute routine.
You can also use your roller on your neck and décolleté for a soothing massage. When rolling on your neck and jawline, work slowly. Don’t forget to clean it after you finish!
Pro-tip: One benefit of rose quartz rollers is that they are able to keep a cool temperature, giving you a relaxing, spa-like experience at home. Place your roller in the freezer for 15-20 minutes before using it for a cool, soothing sensation that feels great on the skin. However, always check recommendations for your specific roller before you freeze it.
Don’t know what rose quartz roller to use? Our favorite is the Sdara Rose Quartz Roller! You’ll thank us later.
Benefits of Using a Rose Quartz Roller
Rose quartz rollers have several benefits. Referred to as the “Love Stone,” rose quartz is known for its healing and anti-inflammatory properties. It is also believed to have metaphysical properties that include reducing stress, clearing the heart chakra, and erasing past hurt, pain, and negativity. Here’s what this ancient Chinese beauty secret can do for your skin:
- Boost product absorption: Using a rose quartz roller with a serum, facial oil, moisturizer, or mask allows them to penetrate deeper into the skin. This gives your skin the full benefits of the products you’re using and gives you more bang for your buck. Beauty products can be expensive. Rose quartz rollers help your skincare products deliver what they promise and also requires you to use less product, making them last longer.
- De-puffs your skin: Rose quartz has a natural cooling effect (that can be amped up by storing in the freezer) that helps to soothe puffy skin and under-eye bags. Rolling in the morning makes your under-eyes and cheeks feel awake and refreshed.
- Promotes lymphatic drainage: Lymph nodes are tiny structures in your body that drain toxins and pollutants from the skin. Rolling stimulates your lymphatic system by activating lymph nodes in your face and neck, effectively removing toxins. Eliminating them leaves you with firmer, smoother skin and a healthy, radiant glow.
- Contours the face: Rose quartz rollers drain fluid in your skin away from the face, temporarily giving it a contoured appearance. This makes it a great choice to use before a night out or important event!
- Tightens pores: Remember our freezer tip? Chilling your roller helps to tighten your pores and also makes your face feel cool and refreshed.
- Calms red, irritated skin: Rose quartz soothes rough, dry, and inflamed skin, giving it a calming effect that feels great.
- Makes skin radiant: Rose quartz rollers work to give your skin a bright, healthy glow! Who doesn’t love a luminous complexion?
If you start using a facial roller based on one of your skin’s needs, you’ll find that your roller does even more for it than you intended! Using it daily gives lasting results you’ll love.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Often Should I Use My Rose Quartz Roller?
You can use your rose quartz roller everyday as a part of your skincare routine. Dermatologists say that daily use of a facial roller is safe for your skin. You can use it at nighttime to unwind and end your day on a relaxing note or in the morning to start your day feeling awake and rejuvenated.
How to Clean Your Facial Roller?
If you’re using your roller daily, you should clean it after each use. If you have sensitive or acne-prone skin, frequent cleaning is a must! First, dampen a cloth, towel, or microfiber towel with water and soap. Then wipe down your facial roller for a quick and easy clean.
Using a rose quartz roller is easy. Remember to roll upward and outward, clean your roller regularly, and go the extra mile by letting it chill in the freezer or by pairing it with your favorite serum, facial oil, or mask. Reducing puffiness, stimulating lymphatic drainage to eliminate your skin from toxins and pollutants, and radiant skin are just a few of the many benefits that come with rose quartz rollers. We know you saw it on Instagram or TikTok, but believe the hype. Rolling creates a healthy glow you can achieve daily with little effort!