So let’s get to the bottom of this … what is a quartz roller and why is it in every beauty trend lately? Contrary to popular belief, facial rollers actually originate from ancient Chinese anti-aging beauty traditions.
Quartz rollers are essentially a tool used for facial massage that look similar to a small rolling pin with a handle. They’re a great addition to any beauty regimen or skincare routine with benefits like reducing puffiness, increasing blood flow, and much more.
Facial rollers come in various forms: glass, plastic, and mineral based. Mineral based facial rollers, like quartz rollers, target skincare concerns through their inherent mineral properties including how well they hold temperature. Apart from their physical properties, they also are said to have metaphysical properties like purifying the skin and promoting an overall sense of health and wellbeing, if you’re into that sort of thing.
Without further ado, below are the top best rose quartz facial rollers you can buy.
- Best Authentic Rose Quartz Roller: Sdara Rose Quartz Roller
- Best Jade Roller: Sdara Jade Roller and Gua Sha Set
- Best Affordable Rose Quartz Roller: INOTKA Rose Quartz Roller
- Best Vibrating Rose Quartz Roller: Finishing Touch Flawless Contour Vibrating Facial Roller
- Benefits of a Quartz Roller
- How to Use a Quartz Roller
- Pro-tip for Contouring
- Frequently Asked Questions
Best Authentic Rose Quartz Roller: Sdara Rose Quartz Roller
SDARA’s Slimming Facial Roller is loved by many because it doesn’t squeak like cheaper versions and it comes with 100% authentic Rose Quartz Roller. Some benefits include helping with issues like under eye bags, draining sinuses, and relieving overall pressure around the face.
Best Jade Roller: Sdara Jade Roller and Gua Sha Set
While a jade roller and rose quartz roller may appear similar, each stone has unique properties that affects the skin. Jade tends to adapt more to its environment, heating up as it touches the skin, whereas rose quartz tends to remain cool. Both stones will help reduce puffiness, and help boost collagen products – making your skin feel tighter and fresher.
However some of the biggest differences are metaphysical ones. The use of jade goes back centuries. Often called the “stone of heaven,” jade has represented peace, wisdom and balance. In a future piece we’ll cover the symbolic differences between jade and rose quartz rollers.
Best Affordable Rose Quartz Roller: INOTKA Rose Quartz Roller
Newly upgraded last year, this quartz roller by INOTKA is made with 100% certified rose quartz, ensuring that fresh-faced, de-puffed, got-all-my-beauty-sleep-last-night look.
Best Vibrating Rose Quartz Roller: Finishing Touch Flawless Contour Vibrating Facial Roller
The brand that makes facial hair removal look like a breeze now makes, you guessed it, Rose Quartz Rollers – but with a twist. Finishing Touch coupled their facial roller with vibrating technology and according to users it can help with headaches, sinus pain, and of course a more stimulating facial massage.
Benefits of a Quartz Roller
Quartz rollers specifically are very popular due to their ability to hold hot and cold temperatures for a longer period of time. They also tend to last longer since they don’t break easily when dropped.
- Increases blood flow. Using a facial massage roller stimulates blood flow to the area, which promotes collagen production, plus it makes your skin look firmer and appear brighter.
- Reduces puffiness. The cooling effect of quartz rollers quickly de-puff the skin which also helps tighten pores. A great tool to target under eye bags and puffy cheeks.
- Simulates lymphatic drainage. It is a known fact that facial rollers 100% promote lymphatic drainage. Allergy sufferers can especially benefit from this by rolling the skin to flush out toxins and clear sinuses.
- Encourages product absorption. When used with an oil or moisturizer, facial rollers penetrate products deeper into the skin giving you more bang for your buck.
- Helps contour the face. By draining fluid in the skin, facial rollers help to temporarily contour the face. A perfect tool to use after a rough night or before applying makeup.
How to Use a Quartz Roller
- First prep the skin by starting with a clean face.
- Apply your favorite oil, serum, moisturizer, or mask.
- Always roll/massage the face in an upwards motion – don’t roll upwards then downwards as you would a dermaroller.
- Begin at the jawline rolling outwards and upwards moving towards your cheeks until you’ve finished the bottom half of your face.
- Lastly, use the facial roller to roll upwards on your forehead.
- Repeat up to 5 rolls in each area.
Pro-tip for Contouring
The best way to use your quartz roller for draining excess fluid and contouring the face is by rolling upwards at an angle, then rolling downward. This technique helps directly drain excess fluid to the lymph nodes and away from the face.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many times a week should I use a quartz roller?
Quartz rollers are safe to use everyday and are actually recommended for daily use by dermatologists.
Should I freeze my quartz roller?
100%. There are many great benefits to freezing your quartz roller but make sure to check the recommendations for your specific roller and only freeze for about 15-20 minutes before using.
How do you clean a quartz roller?
You can clean your quartz roller by wiping with a damp cloth, towel, or microfiber towel that’s been dipped in warm water and soap. This is especially important for those with acne-prone skin.
We suggest using your rose quartz roller every night at bedtime as it’s a delightfully soothing way to end the day.
Last update on 2022-01-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API