Are Tweezers Allowed On Planes?
Traveling doesn’t mean that you have to sacrifice beauty. According to TSA, your tweezers are allowed to travel with you. In fact, you have the option of keeping them in your carry-on bag or checking them to your final destination. TSA does offer guidance if you plan to check your tweezers: Any sharp objects in checked baggage should be sheathed or securely wrapped to prevent injury to baggage handlers and inspectors.
Other Beauty Products Allowed on Planes
- Nail file (checked & carry-on)
- Face masks (checked & carry-on)
- Eye drops (checked bag or less than 3.4oz/100 ml)
- Makeup in a solid or powder form (checked & carry-on)
- Makeup in liquid form (checked bag or less than 3.4oz/100 ml)
- Razors (checked and carry-on for electric or disposable)
- Makeup removal wipes (checked & carry-on)
TSA Packing Best Practices
- Liquids, gels and aerosols packed in carry-on must follow the 3-1-1 liquids rule:
- 3.4 ounces or less per container
- 1 quart size, clear, plastic, zip top bag (all liquids must fit in bag)
- 1 bag per passenger
- Review the prohibited items list for both carry-on and checked baggage.
- If purchasing a baggage lock, be sure to look for those that are TSA recognized.
- Tape a card with your name and contact information on your electronics.
Most beauty products, including tweezers are allowed on planes. When dealing with liquid products, it’s better to place items in your checked bag. Tweezers and other small, sharp products are entirely acceptable. We recommend bookmarking this blog as we’ve linked many official TSA documentation via their website.
Despite the good news that tweezers are allowed on planes, it’s important to know the TSA disclaimer. TSA states that “the final decision rests with the TSA officer on whether an item is allowed through the checkpoint” regarding every item.
Looking for quality and affordable tweezers? See our best tweezers of 2021 guide.