NuboBeauty may receive a portion of the sales for products purchased from this article. Learn about our business model and brands.
Throughout most of my teens and twenties, tweezers were an afterthought. I’d pick up whatever cheap pair I could find at the drug store, and assume everyone has as much trouble plucking rogue hairs as I did.
It was only after dealing with a particularly stubborn chin hair that I finally bit the bullet and “splurged” on a $10 pair of professional grade tweezers. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I couldn’t believe what I had been missing. Hairs that were previously impossible to get would come right out. No breakage, fewer ingrowns, less time standing awkwardly close to my bathroom mirror. A pretty solid investment for just a few extra bucks.
In this guide, we’ll review the best tweezers for chin and facial hair, but the reality is a good set of tweezers will help remove any type of body hair – not to mention splinters, glass and anything else you may need some precision to remove. Read on for our recommendations and FAQs.
- Comparison of the Best Tweezers
- The best overall tweezers for facial hair
- The best tweezers for removing fine and ingrown hairs
- The best travel-sized tweezers
- Best tweezer set (slanted, pointed, slant-point and flat)
- How to choose the best tweezers for chin hair
Comparison of the Best Tweezers
|Tweezer Guru Stainless Steel Slant Tip||$8.97||Those looking for a great utility tweezer for all occasions|
|Tweezer Guru Pointed Tip Tweezer||$9.97||Removing ingrown hairs; or when you need a really precise tweezer|
|Tweezerman Mini Slant Tweezer||$10.75||Grooming on the road; these will fit into any dopp kit|
|Tweezer Guru 4-Piece Tweezers Set||$13.99||People who always want the right tool for the right time|
The best overall tweezers for facial hair
What we love
- Precise and easy to hold and use. Reviewers remarked they could pluck even the finest of hairs and eyebrows with precision.
- The stainless steel slant tip design is durable and easy to clean.
- 10,000 of purchasers (70% of raters) give it a perfect 5 stars on Amazon.
- Customers and experts both rave about their experience using it.
- Hard to beat the price. Cheaper than other professional grade tweezers, and only a few more dollars than the average drug store tweezer.
What customers say
Reviewers of the Tweezer Guru slant tip tweezers remarked how effective the tweezers were for their price. Customers particularly called out how effortless it was to remove thin and fine hairs from their chin and brow. They got equally glowing reviews on thicker and coarse hairs. Some went as far as call these the best tweezers they’ve ever purchased. We happen to agree – it’s no surprise the slant tip tweezers from Tweezer Guru were named our best overall tweezer in our 2021 update.
What the experts say
“They’re precise as hell, easy to hold, and—probably best of all—they’re $10. Think of these tweezers as your ride-or-die, everyday pair.” – Cosmopolitan
“I was impressed by how these cheap hair pliers could easily grab, pull and take out the enemy!” – Today
The best tweezers for removing fine and ingrown hairs
What we love
- Pointed tip makes it easy to catch even the tiniest of hairs.
- Gets splinters, ingrown hairs, stubborn chin hairs, and ideal for precision eyebrow threading.
- The stainless steel build is durable and simple to wash.
- 73% 5-star ratings on Amazon (4.4 average from 7,000+ reviewers).
- Amazon’s Choice Label, given to products that are “highly rated, well-priced products available to ship immediately.”
What customers say
Like the slant tip tweezers, the pointed tip tweezers from tweezer guru received glowing reviews from purchasers and reviewers of the product. Customers loved the long, sharp tip of the tweezers, which made it easy to remove stubborn ingrown hairs with precision. Several reviewers cited the construction of the tweezers, sharing that they felt substantial in the hand, well made, and easy to use.
Of course, price was also a factor. Almost every review highlighted the low price of the tweezers, many calling it an incredible value – noting they were as good, if not better, than many more expensive brands.
The best travel-sized tweezers
What we love
- Stainless steel and sleek design make these tweezers easy to use, durable and simple to clean
- Slant tip ideal for plucking eyebrows, chin and other facial hair.
- 4.6 stars on Amazon (79% 5 star ratings) from 9,000 reviewers.
- Amazon’s choice label for products that are “highly rated, well-priced products available to ship immediately.”
- Established and beloved brand.
What the experts say
“The angled tip allows you to get in nice and close, picking up the finest of hairs without breaking them off.” – Cosmopolitan
“The Tweezerman Slant Tweezers is pretty much the gold standard when it comes to beauty tools. Compact and stylish with a universal slanted tip, it can be used in a variety of ways — but it’s especially great for brow-shaping.” – Insider
Best tweezer set (slanted, pointed, slant-point and flat)
What we love
- It includes a slant tip for eyebrows, a pointed slant for precision plucking, a point tip for ingrowns and fine hairs, and a flat tip for large surfaces areas.
- The travel case keeps your tweezers neatly organized.
- Sets are available in packs of 4, 5 and 6-tweezers.
- Average 4.6 stars on Amazon (73% 5-star ratings) from 7,300 users.
- Amazon Choice stamp of approval.
What the experts say
“This set of sleek tweezers is the ultimate care pack for anyone wanting to really give their brows some attention. Comprising four different styles of tweezer, from slanted to pin-point, this grooming must-have will help you to extract even the finest of hairs.” – GQ
“For those looking to cover all their bases in one high-quality, affordable set, Tweezer Guru is the way to go.” – Bustle
How to choose the best tweezers for chin hair
When we consider purchasing tweezer, we state we need the best tweezers for chin hair available on the marketplace. The question is how to find it? We had the chance to perform our own tweezers evaluation and after having established a tweezers contrast, we’re ready to record a few important standards for you.
The first decision you’ll need to make is the type of tweezer. There are many types of tweezers available, each designed for a specific purpose:
- Slant Tip Tweezers are your classic “everyday” tweezer. The edge is great for tweezing brows, while the point can be used for more precise plucking. When in doubt, we’d recommend starting with a solid pair of slant tip tweezers, like our top pick.
- Point Tip Tweezes are perfect for removing thin or short hairs, as well as ingrown hairs. Because of the tweezer’s sharp point, you’re able to pluck with more precision than other tweezers can afford. The same logic makes these tweezers ideal for removing splinters. If you’re battling ingrowns, investing in a good pair of point tip tweezers will go a long way.
- Pointed Slant Tweezers combine the features of slant and point tip tweezers, as the name suggests. While packing two types of tweezers into a single pair may sound enticing, we didn’t feel any pointed slant tweezers did either job as well as the single-utility version.
- Round Tip Tweezers are good for grabbing lots of hairs at once. With round tip tweezers, you’ll have to worry less about the angle – and also accidentally jabbing yourself if you have a clumsy moment.
- Flat Tip Tweezers typically aren’t used for hair removal. Instead, they’re often used for applying false eyelashes.
While each of these has a time and a place, we found that a pair of high-quality slant tip tweezers are often all you need. Of course, most retailers sell sets in all shapes and sizes.
Material and Design
Many tweezers for chin hair are made from metal. They’re the most powerful and durable versions as time passes. However, you have those made from stainless steel, which likewise has the ideal features to produce an appealing investment.
If it comes to layout, it is a personal option. You are able to elect for the tweezers which fit your preferences. Some are sober, others, vibrant, and many others with patterns. The main issue is that it lets you remove the hairs nicely.
Ergonomics and Practicality
The ergonomic part is especially critical for this use. Our advice is to be certain the tweezers have a fantastic grip place, which will make it possible for you to pinch efficiently to pull the hair out. You’ve got certain models that are equipped with rubber grip, you have the famous luminous tweezers.
Not all tweezers available on the marketplace are exactly the same. But you have many versions of inexpensive tweezers that are powerful and of exceptional quality. Just take some opportunity to inform yourself on the internet by way of instance, before linking a shop.
Whichever method of hair removal that you select for hair removal: waxing, shaving, hair removal using the cable, laser hair removal, trimmer, wax strips, electrical razor, and several more, the tweezer remains an essential.
Hair removal using a tweezer is a method that dates back to yesterday. An individual could even argue it is the earliest of all. As time goes on, manufacturers started to create new versions of the best tweezers for chin hair, which prolonged the usage and power of the accessory. Hope the above-mentioned products we’ll make you satisfied.
Last update on 2022-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API