NuboBeauty may receive a portion of the sales for products purchased from this article. Learn about our business model and brands.
With time and age, a derma roller can become a trustworthy device that you can use for skin rejuvenation. Nowadays, you can do procedures at home as part of your skin-care routine, which once could only be done with qualified professionals or dermatologists. One of those procedures is microneedling. Derma rollers are handheld devices with a roller with tiny needles, which are more convenient and cheaper than visiting a dermatologist.
Derma rollers are usable for various uses, but the main ones are improving the skin texture and improving skin pigmentation issues. The devices solve acne scars, fine lines and wrinkles, and hyperpigmentation when used regularly. For the best collagen production, the high-quality home micro-needling devices can be used alone or combined with creams or serums like the vitamin c serum or the hyaluronic acid.
- The best derma roller: SDARA Skincare Microneedle Derma Roller
- The best derma roller with a replaceable head: SDARA Skincare Derma Roller Version 2.0
- Runner up for best derma roller: Linduray Skincare Derma Roller Kit
- The best derma roller (overall)
- The best derma roller with a replaceable heads
- Runner up for the best derma roller
- Other derma rollers we analyzed
- Things to Consider when Purchasing the Best Derma Roller
The best derma roller (overall)
- A Visible Transformation – Don’t fret over wrinkles and large pores. Our press-loved derma roller promotes a luminous, youthfully vibrant and healthy-looking complexion.
- Safe And Painless – No need to fear. Our esthetician-recommended microneedle length (0.25mm) requires firm yet gentle pressure to maximize usage and minimize discomfort.
- Long-lasting Payoff – When used correctly and regularly with the high-quality topical products, your skin will continue to look its most beautiful for as long as you use it
Last update on 2021-01-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Sdara Skincare is a best seller of skin-care derma roller in Amazon with no close competition. It is ideal for treating dark spots, acne scarring, cold sores, hyperpigmentation, and sun damage and comes at quite an affordable price, thus getting the most bang for your buck. You can use it under the eyes because it helps to promote youthful skin.
Sdara roller uses 540 titanium steel needles that are 83% less plastic, portable, and designed with an antislip feature and a firm grip that makes the roller is safe to use and easy to handle. The replacement head has a system that you update the needle head instead of replacing a new roller. When you consistently use the roller, you continue to stimulate the collagen and elastin and, as a result, maintain a youthful appearance.
Note: Sdara is currently running an offer, two derma rollers for $22.97. If you know you’re going to want a replacement eventually, we’d recommend jumping on this (or opting for our upgrade pick below).
- Super affordable
- It has an anti-slip feature.
- Boasts of dermatologist-recommended millimeter needles of 0.25
- It comes with a travel case that easily keeps it clean.
- Made of titanium needles, which are healthy and, as a result, more effective
- Works for hair growth as the roller stimulates hair growth.
- Men can use derma rollers to grow their beards.
- The skincare tool works well even on sensitive skin.
- Amazon’s best selling derma roller
- It does not come with a user manual or an E-guide, and this can be a disadvantage because there is a lot of conflicting information on the internet about how to use derma rollers.
- It does not come with replaceable roller heads.
The best derma roller with a replaceable heads
- Real Stainless Steel Needles: Designed with 192 advanced 0.25mm needles to reveal smoother, more luminous skin
- Detachable Roller Head: Eco-friendly & affordable, the replaceable head, there's no need to swap out the entire derma roller. It also contains 83% less plastic (to help the earth stay beautiful too)
- Unique, Patent-Pending Design: This dermaroller is one-of-a-kind in its ergonomic design, luxury look & matte finish (so your vanity stays camera-ready).
Last update on 2021-04-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
If you liked our top choice, but the ability to replace the roller heads was a dealbreaker, fear not. Sdara has recently released a new and improved version of their best-selling derma roller, complete with an ejectable head to make it easy to replace. With the Sdara Derma Roller Version 2.0, there’s no need to swap out the entire derma roller after a number of uses.
Version 2.0 will run you a few extra bucks ($19.97 on Amazon), which is still a great deal for one of the best products on the market. Replacement heads will run you about $12.00. Ultimately, that’s why we opted to keep the tried and true Derma Roller Version 1.0 as our top pick. Buying two of the original will cost you as much (or less) as one premium model and a replaceable head, making the premium model only worthwhile if you know you’re going to buy several replacements over time.
Runner up for the best derma roller
- ✅ SAFE & PAINLESS → Our 0.25mm cosmetic microdermabrasion derma roller is so easy to use and does not hurt unlike other brands. Treat yourself efficiently and effortlessly with our derma roller...
- ✅ EASY & EFFORTLESS → Our microneedle roller is the perfect compliment to your current skin routine. Use your favorite products after and maximize their effectiveness. Skincare just got a whole...
- ✅ SAVE TIME & MONEY → Why go to the salon and spend hundreds on a single micro needling session when you can do it all from home at a fraction of the cost. Looking good has never been this...
Last update on 2021-04-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Linduray Skincare roller tool features an ergonomic handle that maneuvers easily. It is a good option for anyone looking to save while getting rid of their inflammation and uneven skin texture. The 0.25-millimeter needles have 540 pure grades of titanium steel. The derma rolling tool has an antislip grip that helps you firmly position your hand as you work and, therefore, maximize the effects.
This skincare product can be used on different parts of the body like the legs, scalp, abdomen, and legs. A bonus advantage to this tool is that you get a 30-day satisfaction guarantee.
- Ideal for beginners
- It includes 540 pure-grade titanium steel needles.
- An affordable tool option
- Safe and easy to use
- Ergonomic handle with an anti-slip grip
- You can use it on several body parts.
- It saves you money as you can replace the needles if they become dull.
- Customized online guides to help you through the steps
- When in use, it produces squeaky noises
- It packs no refills
- The needles are relatively short.
Other derma rollers we analyzed
Ora Derma Full body roller kit is among the top-recommended skin-care products because it uses very tiny needles of 0.5 mm, which guarantees the micro-needling is less invasive to the skin. Microneedling is a good option for various beauty concerns such as smoothing out fine lines on the face, hyperpigmentation, stretch marks, minimizing the scar appearance, dark spots, stimulating hair growth, and massaging serums into the skin. The micro-needling skin-care roller head comes with several interchangeable heads with different lengths of titanium needles with thickness for various parts of your body.
Make sure you use the other roller heads for their intended areas, for example, the 1.0mm for thicker skin areas like your legs, stomach, and back. ORA home derma roller recommends using a cream or serum immediately after the treatment to ensure you achieve the best results and improve how the skin absorbs the skincare products. However, it is unnecessary to use the creams and serums as the roller can work alone correctly.
ORA roller can be used every three to five days, depending on the results you are getting.
- A six-piece derma rolling kit
- Ultra-fine 0.5-millimeter needles
- Ideal for the uneven skin tones and texture but works for all skin types
- The micro-needling beauty roller comes with multiple interchangeable heads.
- It can be usable on the face, scalp, neck, and body.
- This derma rolling tool gives your skin fast results at home.
- It should not be used on sensitive skin.
If you are looking to get a fancy roller, this should be among your top picks. Environ Gold Roll has a 14-karat gold plate, and it naturally represses bacterial growth and, as a result, keeping the derma tool kit sanitary. The roller has 260 ultra-fine needles made of the highest grade of the surgical 316 stainless steel needles with a 0.2mm length exposed to Gamma Rays irradiation in minimum dose before they are packed.
This derma rolling kit is purposed to be used on mostly the sensitive parts of your skin, for example, around your eyes, mouth, and nose. Furthermore, it restores the skin tightness, reduces the scars and fine lines that appear, and at the same time improves the texture of the skin. It comes sealed in a plastic bag that has been safely fitted in a protective cap.
- One of the most elegant gold plated derma rolling items in the market
- 316 stainless steel needles
- Comfortable to hold and does not put a lot of pressure on the skin
- It has an E-guide that guides you on how to use it effectively.
- It can be used on all skin types except those with conditions such as psoriasis, warts, skin cancer, eczema, and raised moles.
- Easy to clean
- Pricing in at $550, this is likely not the right choice for the majority of users.
- It cannot be used on sensitive skin as it could cause more micro-injuries.
Things to Consider when Purchasing the Best Derma Roller
Below are some prominent factors you should consider when evaluating the best derma roller for you.
1. Needle Size
In Derma rollers, the needle size is an essential consideration when using a derma roller because the needle penetrates the skin and, as a result, helps in collagen production. The recommended needle length recommended by dermatologists for home use should not exceed 0.25mm.
- 0.25mm size of needles don’t cause any bleeding or pain, and this size reaches the epidermis. Recommended for daily use for even twice a day
- 0.2-0.5mm size can cause a bit of pain and a little bleeding. These are recommended for light acne scars treatment, and you can use them twice a week in the first months.
- 0.75-1.0mm needle size is the maximum length you can use on the face and is very painful and may sometimes cause excess bleeding. It is used to treat stretch marks and should be used once a week for light application
- 1.5mm– Works best for treating deep scars that are visible more than stretchmarks. It causes a lot of pain, and therefore, anesthesia is advised, and you should use it every three weeks but not on the face.
2. Blade Material
The common materials that derma rollers use are titanium and stainless steel, where; stainless steel needles are relatively cheap but not that effective compared to titanium material needles. Titanium needles are lightweight and decay-resistant, and they are responsible for stimulating the follicles of your skin because of the strength. Besides, if your rollerblade falls when it’s made of titanium blades, it will not be damaged.
3. Number of Needles
Most ideal rollers have 540 needles thin and have been placed over the roller, improving the effectiveness. The older rollerblades had 200 needles, which were widespread, and this would need more rolling and hence less useful because it would be more painful and the process becomes lengthy.