Looking for how to get rid of pimples fast? Well, you are in the right place. Below are some quick safe and efficient ways to remove pimples fast, get rid of pimples on the face, forehead naturally, overnight at home. Some pimples may be red and cause public discomfort. The redness can also be reduced using home remedies. Does toothpaste get rid of pimples? Yes, it does. See below on how to use toothpaste on pimples at home and many other methods.
In America, acne, also known as zits seems to be everywhere. The good news however is that there is something that you can do about it. There are natural ways that can be used when a person is looking for ways on how to get rid of pimples fast.
According to the British journal, “pimples affect more than eighty percent of all teenagers, and it continues all the way to adult life, affecting three percent of the male population, and twelve percent of the female population. Based on recent studies, it seems that pimples are increasing, and this can be attributed to leaky gut syndrome, autoimmune disease, and allergies”
Essentially, each person will have to deal with pimples at some point in their lives. This is a normal part of the general skin issues and should never cause panic. below is how to deal with them at home.
How to Get Rid of Pimples Fast at Home Using Remedies
Pimples, an inflammation of the skin is known to affect very many people. It is a condition where your sebaceous glands are infected with bacteria, start to swell, and then get filled with pus.
- The main cause of this problem is the excess secretion of sebum by your oily glands.
- It is common for pimples to occur on your back, shoulders, face, and neck.
- Although this condition is not critical in nature, it can make you feel miserable as it will interfere with how you look.
When looking for ways on how to get rid of pimples fast, you will come across many medicines and lotions all purporting to help treat pimples, but the best solution is to rely on natural methods.
They are not only effective, but they take a very short period of time for them to work. The following are remedies you can rely on when looking for how to get rid of pimples fast.
You can use ice to quickly reduce inflammation, redness, soreness, and swelling of your pimples. Ice will assist in improving the circulation of blood to the areas that are affected by the pimples.
It also plays a major role in tightening your skin pores, as well as removing accumulated oil and dirt that could be present on your skin surface.
With ice, you have the option of using either crushed ice, or ice cubes, depending on the one that is most convenient for you.
What to do
- Scoop a few ice cubes and wrap them in a towel
- Take the towel and place it on the area that is affected
- Leave it there for a few minutes and then repeat this entire process
Lemon, which happens to be rich in vitamin c is another way that you can use to get rid of the unwanted pimples.
The juice assists the pimples to dry at a faster pace. When using this remedy, you must place emphasis on using fresh juice, instead of relying on the one that is bottled. Bottled juice comes with a set of preservatives, and this makes it harder for it to perform this role.
How to use it
- Obtain a clean q-tip and immerse it in the fresh lemon juice
- Use the immerse q-tip to apply this lemon juice to the area that is affected with pimples before you can head to bed
- Alternatively, you may consider mixing a single teaspoon of lemon juice with that of cinnamon powder and then place it on your pimples. You should leave it there overnight. when you wake up the next day, you will need to wash the entire skin area with cold water
Note: if you happen to have sensitive skin, you should not use this remedy as it may irritate your skin more than is necessary.
3. Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil comes with antibacterial properties, which makes it ideal for dealing with bacteria that may cause pimples and acne.
Additionally, it also has soothing properties, which will help reduce inflammation and redness of your pimples. Tea tree oil also assists in drying out whiteheads and blackheads.
How to use it
- Get a cotton ball and immerse it in your tea tree oil bottle.
- The cotton ball with the tea tree oil should then be placed on the pimples that are all over the affected area
- After twenty to thirty minutes, you will need to rinse your face
- Alternatively, you could combine a single teaspoon of aloe vera gel with a few drops of the tea tree oil. Use a q-tip to apply this blend to your blemishes and pimples, and let it lie there for at least twenty minutes before you can rinse it.
Note: people with sensitive skin should always ensure that they stay clear of tea tree oil.
Does toothpaste get rid of pimples? yes, another readily available home ingredient used in the treatment of pimples is toothpaste. We are referring to the same toothpaste that you use each morning when cleaning your teeth.
Toothpaste is considered to be most effective when used after the ice remedy. When relying on toothpaste, ensure you use white toothpaste, and stay clear of the gel type toothpaste
How to use it
- Obtain white toothpaste and apply it gently on the skin that is affected before heading to bed
- As soon as you wake up, proceed to the bathroom and rinse your face with water and you should be able to see a change in your appearance
- Those who wish can repeat the same process during the day. What you will need to do is ensure that it remains on your face for at least an hour or two before washing it off.
Steaming always works wonders for your skin, but more so when the skin is affected by pimples. when you steam the face, the steam opens up the skin pores, and this will allow the skin to breathe normally.
Skin breathing is vital as it ensures that bacteria, dirt, and oil that may be trapped in these pores get eliminated, as it could be the primary cause of your inflammation and infections.
What to do
- Get a large container and fill it with very hot water
- Ensure that your face comes into contact with this steam
- After a while, rinse the face using warm water, dab it with a towel and then apply some moisturizer to the face
Garlic is considered by most medical experts to be an antioxidant, antifungal, antiviral, and antiseptic agent, which assists in the fast treatment of pimples.
If looking for how to get rid of pimples fast, you will also realize that garlic will promote the healing of your blemishes.
What to do
- Locate fresh garlic and then cut it into two pieces
- Take one half of the chopped garlic and proceed to rub it on your pimples
- You should allow this garlic to be absorbed by your skin before rinsing
- Garlic treatment should be repeated a few times each day
- Consuming raw garlic daily may also assist in the purification of blood. However, ensure you do not eat too much garlic, as this may cause a stomach upset.
7. Baking soda
Baking soda, which helps in skin exfoliation, is another effective natural remedy that you can use to eliminate all pimples from your skin surface.
What to do
- You should create a thick paste of baking soda using a single teaspoon of baking soda and lemon juice or water
- Cleanse your skin ensuring that you leave it slightly damp.
- Locate the baking soda paste and apply it to all areas that have been affected by pimples before allowing it a few minutes to become dry.
Note: baking soda should not be left on the skin surface for more than five minutes as it may lead to skin irritation and dryness.
- Once it has become dry, rinse your face
- Try and repeat it two times each day for best results
Raw natural honey is a great supply of natural antibiotics. The antibiotics will help in speeding up your healing process, and in ensuring that future infections do not take place.
How to use honey to get rid of pimples at home
- Obtain a clean cotton swab and dip it in a pot of honey
- The swab should be placed on the area that has been affected by these pimples before leaving it for at least thirty minutes
- Ensure you wash the skin using warm water to open up the skin pores
- Try and repeat it a few times per day
Alternatively, you can consider combining cinnamon and honey to create a paste, which should then be applied on the skin surface affected by pimples each night before sleeping.
Upon waking up, you should notice less swelling and inflammation. Always make sure that you wash the skin using cold water after using this remedy
Cucumber happens to be a rich source of vitamins and potassium, and also comes with soothing and cooling effects on a skin surface.
- Obtain two fresh cucumbers and chop them into pieces before immersing them in water for a single hour
- All nutrients, vitamins, and minerals present in the cucumber will be transferred to this water
- Take the cucumber water, strain it, and then use it in washing your face
A facemask can also be made by grinding a single cucumber. The mask should be applied on the affected area and allowed to dry for the next fifteen minutes. Ensure you wash your skin using warm water.
Cucumber helps in cleaning the bacteria and dirt that could be present on the skin pores.
Papaya, the fruit, comes with certain properties, which makes it ideal for treating pimples. Papaya also happens to be a good source of antioxidants, and enzymes, which makes it possible to eliminate inflammation and ensure that your skin remains soft, as well as smooth.
What to do
- Take a raw papaya and crush it into small pieces to extract all the juices that are present
- The papaya juice should then be applied in the area that is covered with pimples and allowed to stay there for fifteen minutes before being rinsed
- For you to come up with a face mask, you will need to mash papaya pieces, and then add some honey to it
- The papaya paste should be applied on your face and left to dry completely
- When it is completely dry, you can now proceed to rinse the face mask
11. Rosemary essential oil
Rosemary is one essential oil that has been around for very many years and has typically been used in treating inflamed skin as well as pimples.
A recent Chinese study made the conclusion that rosemary essential oil helped in reducing acne because it contained antibacterial properties.
To understand how rosemary essential oil was useful to people looking for how to get rid of pimples fast, the researchers in the study increased its concentration and the result was that the bacterial bodies were severely damaged.
12. Coconut oil
It should not come as a surprise that coconut oil is useful in treating pimples as it can be used in almost all skin related problems.
The reason for this is that: the oil comes with certain properties, which encourage bacterial elimination, and it is the reason why coconut oil is highly useful.
The main ingredient in coconut oil is Lauric acid, and it makes for a good treatment due to its antibacterial properties.
13. Apricot seed oil
It is a great option for a person looking for how to get rid of pimples fast. According to a recent study that was published in Phytotherapy Research, it noted that the antimicrobial and phytonutrient properties of apricot oil made it possible for the skin to glow.
Does Toothpaste Get Rid of Pimples
When looking for ways on how to get rid of pimples fast, you will find that toothpaste is one of the treatments relied upon by people dealing with pimples. The treatment is extraordinary and should be utilized as a successive meet-up icing so as to deliver optimal results.
When using toothpaste, you need to ensure that you use white glue, as opposed to a gel.
How to use it at home
- Scoop a small amount of toothpaste and apply it to the region that is affected by the pimples
- You should leave the toothpaste in place over the night
- In the morning, wash it off with some cool water
- In case you are not leaving the house, you can rehash this methodology within the day, ensuring that the toothpaste remains in contact with your pimples for at least thirty minutes’ time.
Important to Note: toothpaste may be irritating to your skin surface, and you should, therefore, use this treatment very sparingly. If you start to feel your skin getting irritated, ensure you wash it wash off immediately.
What are Pimples?
According to Dr. Axe, the pimple is a small pustule, comedone, or purple, which has formed a skin lesion, and one that develops when your sebaceous glands become clogged, and in return get an infection.
It is the main reason why they swell up and turn into red lesions that are filled with pus on the skin surface.
Before looking at how to get rid of pimples fast, we need to understand the symptoms. Understanding the symptoms will make it possible for you to know when you are about to be faced with another outbreak of pimples.
Pimples come in different types, with each having its own set of symptoms and signs
They are small and often remain below your skin. At times, they are also called a closed comedo and appear in the form of small papules that are flesh-colored.
They are the opposite of whiteheads and are called an open comedo. Blackheads are clearly visible on your skin surface and are often dark brown, or black.
The color comes about because of melanin oxidation, which is the skin’s pigment. There is a common misconception among some people that blackheads are brought about by dirt, but this is not true.
Therefore, scrubbing your face vigorously in an attempt to remove them will not work, as it will only end up irritating the skin surface, which will in turn cause more problems for you.
Papules happen to be small bumps that are solid and rounded, and which rise from your skin surface. These bumps will often be pinkish in color.
These are basically pus-filled pimples. In most cases, they are always visible on your skin surface, and their base is red in color, while its top is filled with pus.
Nodules have a similar structure to papules, but they are larger than the latter. Nodules can be painful as they are embedded deep inside your skin.
Cysts are always visible on your skin surface as they come filled with pus. They also tend to be very painful.
In many cases, they always cause a scar before their disappearance.
Causes of Pimples
Sebum is produced by the sebaceous glands, which are found deep inside your skin pores. With each passing day, the outer layers of your skin are shed continuously.
In some cases, there are dead skin cells that are left behind, and thus end up being stuck together with this sebum, which in turn causes a blockage of the pores.
It is normal for pore blockage to occur during puberty, as this is the time when the body is producing the largest amount of sebum.
Once the dead skin cells and the sebum accumulate and block pores, it encourages the growth of unwanted bacteria, which will then lead to the emergence of pimples.
There are bacteria that exist harmlessly on your skin surface such as Propionibacterium acnes. However, even though this bacteria is harmless, given the right conditions, it tends to reproduce at a very rapid pace, and this may become a problem for you. This particular bacterium will begin to feed on the sebum present on the skin surface, it will begin to produce a substance, which may cause an immune response, and this will lead to spots and skin inflammation.
According to studies conducted by researchers at Washington University School of Medicine, they were able to identify two unique strains of the Propionibacterium acnes in the skin surface of twenty percent of the people who had pimples.
On the other hand, people with this strain did not have these strains. Even though pimples are linked to yeast infections, you should note that they are not contagious in any way meaning that it is not possible to catch pimples from another individual.
When looking for how to get rid of pimples fast, you can use the following remedies to do so:
Ensure you get enough sleep
One of the primary causes of pimples is stress, and getting enough sleep helps in relieving stress. When you sleep, the body begins to heal and at the same time eliminate any available toxins.
According to a report in the Psychiatric Clinics of North America, stress is one of the main factors that affect all the organs in your body.
Even though it is quite easy to forget, one of the most important organs in the body is your skin. Come to think of it, it is the largest organ in the body. As such, you need to ensure that you get enough rest that will help you reduce pimple related stress.
Make changes to your daily diet
Drinking plenty of water, eliminating sugary foods, and ensuring that you consume lots of omega-3 foods will make a ton of difference in your body.
When you consume too much sugar, there is a possibility that your insulin will spike, and this will affect your skin inflammation while blocking the skin pores.
Water helps in hydrating your skin, and as such, you should not forget to drink plenty of it. When the skin is hydrated, it will have enough balance and moisture for it to thrive.
Additionally, drinking plenty of water will assist in flushing out any toxins that could be present, and this is something that you need on a daily basis.
The omega-3 fatty acids do a really great job of reducing inflammation in your body.