Though it is important to have a styling tool in your hair care collection, not everyone knows how to use a curling iron. If you are wondering what to do with your curling tool, here are three different ways of styling your hair. Let’s check them out!
How To Use A Curling Iron – 3 Different Ways
How To Use Curling Iron To Do Basic Curls
If you are looking for something casual and easy in the making, these basic curls are what you need. Grab your curling iron and follow these detailed instructions right below to give your hair a total makeover.
First of all, heat up your tool. Turn on your iron and heat it up to 320 degrees if you have fine hair and 430 degrees if your hair is thick. If you want to see if the tool is ready or not, try with the lowest temperature.
Brush your hair carefully to make sure there are no tangles or knots. One more thing, make sure your hair is well dry
- Apply hair-sprayer to make a layer of heat protectant for your hair. Heat might damage the texture and the core of every strand, weakening them and killing them from the inside, so it’s better if you do so.
- Separate your hair into three – four sections for better curling. A thin part of hair is always easier to curl than a thick one for sure.
- Start curling by wrapping your hair section around the barrel of the wand. Make sure the curls in every section are equal to one another.
- Pin up all the curls (by using clips) you have just done until there is none left. Wait until the hair section cools down.
- As your hair is cool, take out all the pins, gently brush your hair with a wide-toothed comb or your fingers.
- Apply some hairspray to hold the curls for longer hours. Done!
How To Use Curling Iron To Do Top-to-bottom Curls
Top-to-Bottom curls might be a little bit more complicated, but the look is totally worth it! See how to do it below.
- Separate your hair into small sections.
- Open the curling iron and put the section of hair near to the top of it.
- Wrap your hair around the curling iron.
- Generally, you should clamp your hair inside the tool and keep it there for about 10 seconds. Still, depending on the heat level and the thickness of the hair section, the actual time may vary.
- Remove the hair from the iron and repeat the process with the other hair sections.
How To Use Curling Iron To Do Bottom-to-Top Curls
Instead of making the top-to-bottom curls, you can also try out these bottom-to-top curls.
- Divide your hair into sections.
- Squeeze to open the curling iron and place your hair section close to the bottom of it.
- Clamp the curling machine and twist the hair around it. Don’t let it get close to your face to avoid a burn accident.
- Keep the hair inside the machine for about 10 seconds. You can leave it for a little bit longer if the heat is low and you want deeper curls.
- Repeat the process until you finish curling all the hair sections.
- Use your fingers or a wide-toothed comb to gently comb your hair. Don’t overdo it because you might ruin all the effort you make before.
Having a curling iron for yourself is a worthwhile experience. You can change your hairstyles constantly and save your time and money, too. With the aforementioned methods, we hope that you are going to have the best styles after reading our article – how to use a curling iron.