How to remove waterproof mascara? Such a thorny question! But don’t worry. Here we are to serve. Having a nice appearance is not difficult, but maintaining your beauty “from the root” is not easy.
Particularly when you wear mascara a lot but haven’t found any solutions for eye makeup removal with minimal eyelash loss, reading each part of our instructions carefully, and you have your answer.
How To Remove Waterproof Mascara? – An General Guideline
Whoever gets into makeup routine supposes waterproof mascara as a lifesaver for making their eyelashes stay curled for hours, especially during summer days. However, because of its durability of withstanding water so well, you may find it more difficult to remove the waterproof mascara than regular versions.
But never fear! You can still take off waterproof mascara effectively and quickly on the condition that you flip through the end of our paper. We make sure the instructions provided step by step below are brief and easy-to-follow.
Remove Waterproof Mascara without Losing Eyeglasses
Below are the top tips highly recommended by us that you should practice for mascara removal. We are aware of the safety benefit if you wear this waterproof makeup; however, we emphasize the occasional use only since frequent removal can aggravate skin and eyes. You also can apply these tips to remove regular mascara as well.
Firstly, have a cotton pad soaked into the eye makeup remover and gently wipe it over your eyes. Remember to use soft cushions. If not, your eyes will easily get scratched.
Elise Brisco, a clinical homeopath, working for Hollywood Vision Center, also concurs with this idea. Zoku Wipes containing okra polysaccharide will help erase makeup and relieve inflammation around your eyes.
Next, swipe the soaked pad downwards slowly and kindly, and remember to have your lashes saturated with eye makeup remover before you take off the mascara. By doing so thoroughly, you can clear off the mascara yet still protect lashes with minimal eyelash loss.
And lastly, avoid rubbing or scrubbing over your eyes abrasively. Rather, patiently repeat the process in case the mascara still stubbornly lingers.
Removing Waterproof Mascara with Natural Products
#1. Using olive oil to remove your waterproof mascara:
Because you use mascara made from waterproof substances, to eliminate your eye makeup, apply the contradiction of water that is oil. The waterproof properties will get broken down by oil, allowing the removal to happen simply yet effectively without wiping too hard. Concurrently, you can reduce the lash loss as much as possible.
- Pour enough oil on your fingers, and then tenderly apply the oil index on your eyelashes until you get oil to coat your lashes. And you will see the mascara peel off so fast.
- If you feel oily on your skin afterward, you can not simply remove it with a dry towel, but clean your face with water.
#2. Using coconut oil to remove your waterproof mascara:
Not only does coconut oil break down your mascara, but it also hydrates the delicate skin around your eyes so well.
- Soak a cotton ball with a dab of coconut oil, and gently swipe it over the mascara. Then, to remove the oil with mascara, use a cloth that must be clean and dry.
#3. Create a mixture of water, witch hazel, and jojoba or almond oil:
You can keep this solution within half a year, and your eyes will not get irritated or stung because the answer is a nature-based mixture.
- Each requires two tablespoons, then mix them all in a clean dispenser or container.
- Make sure the solution properly merges by shaking it up. Clean your fingers discreetly before wiping the solution on your eyes. You can also use a cotton pad applied with the mixture to remove the mascara.
Removing Waterproof Mascara with Commercial Products
#1. Using eye makeup remover to remove waterproof mascara:
In addition to several common natural products, you also can resort to the following commercial products for waterproof mascara removal. A good remover will erase all vestiges of your mascara safely, quickly, and effectively. If your frequency of wearing mascara is high, the idea of purchasing a good eye makeup remover product is worth it.
- Choose oil-based products, which surely enhance the process of eliminating waterproof makeup more effectively.
- Even if your skin is not easily vulnerable, you still should opt for hypoallergenic products because they contain less harmful ingredients to your skin.
- We highly recommend Lancôme, Elizabeth Arden, Clarins, and so on as the most leading beauty brands on the market.
- Pour the makeup remover over a clean cotton pad. Close your eyes and place that pad on the top surface of your eyelashes for 10 – 15 seconds. After that, sweep downwards and away the lash tips. Continue the steps until the fresh pad is clean.
#2. Using baby shampoo to remove waterproof mascara:
Baby shampoo is usually safe for you to apply around your sensitive eye areas since the brand is fragrance and color free, also hypoallergenic.
- Use a cotton ball with a small amount of baby shampoo, and rub it over your eyelashes. Avoid applying baby shampoo directly to your eyes.
- Use the shampoo occasionally as it may hurt your eyes.
- Use a wet towel to clean the mascara and baby shampoo.
#3. Using cold cream to remove waterproof mascara:
You can select Pond’s Cold Cream to remove any dogged makeup, like waterproof mascara. The product is also effective in getting rid of your entire face’s makeup.
- Clean your face with your daily cleanser. Pat your face dry and then rub with the cold cream as a deep conditioning treatment.
- Leave it for a few minutes before you wipe your face with a warm towel.
- You should not apply cold cream on your eyelids. Instead, be careful as rubbing the cream into your eyelashes. Remember not to leave it long but wipe it away.
#4. Avoiding petroleum jelly to remove waterproof mascara:
Petroleum jelly contains some substances harming your eyes since it is a gasoline byproduct. Choose this product as a last resort, and shun applying it directly to your eyes.
Hopefully, our paper about how to remove waterproof mascara is useful enough for you to read to apply any tips that are suitable for your conditions.
And finally, we thank you for flipping till the end of our post.
Leave a Reply