How to grow facial hair is a subject that has very little to do with helping men keep their faces warm, but it has a lot to do with style and appearance. Choosing to grow facial hair could be one of the secret joys of life, and in some cases can be viewed as an accomplishment. Below are fast natural ways of growing facial hair on cheeks, thicker, full beard, mustaches at home.
Even though there is no recent or any precise data on the popularity of beards, and to an extent facial hair, you do not need to conduct a study to notice that beards are everywhere these days. Many men are looking for methods on how to grow facial hair.
Given that not all men are able to grow their facial hair easily, there is a need to explore how to grow facial hair and the methods that can be used to achieve this fete. Even though the thickness and rate of growth produced are highly dependent on genetics and age, all men are similar in that they lack patience.
Having an ugly facial scar or admiring a role model among other personal reasons may be why you want to grow their facial hair faster. You may also want to avoid the fuzzy and itchy growing phase.
Reasons for No Hair on Face
For many men, the presence of facial hair is seen as a symbol of wisdom and virility (not forgetting the fact that it is a wonderful enhancement to the male body). However, this does not mean that men who have young faces cannot be able to cultivate beards.
So why is it that some men are not able to grow beards or facial hair?
Men who are not capable of growing facial hair have genetics to blame for this problem. If your grandfather or father struggled with the growth of beards and facial hair, there is a possibility that you will also have to deal with the same problem. For such men, you will find that there are very few solutions available to them to help overcome this problem.
- Facial hair growth largely depends on a person’s genetics. Some men start to develop beards (regulated by testosterone) when they are in their pubescent stages and will in many cases not mature until they reach their twenties.
When testosterone interacts with the hair that is already in place, it begins to grow darker and thicker. It is normal to assume that men with thicker facial hair have higher testosterone levels, but this is not the case. Generally, all men have the same testosterone levels, and this is where genetics are involved in the growth of facial hair.
When looking for answers on how to grow facial hair, Diet could be another reason why you could be having trouble growing your facial hair. This may have something to do with the kind of diet that you take.
A good and well-balanced diet should include nutrients such as vitamin A, biotin, and vitamin C. These minerals and vitamins will assist in the production of thicker and healthier hair on the chins.
3. Skin Condition
A skin condition will in rare cases be responsible for the lack of facial hair growth. There are skin conditions like alopecia that cause hair loss and balding.
- If you notice symptoms of a skin condition that is affecting the hair on your head as well as the one on your face, you will need to schedule a consultation with your dermatologist as soon as possible.
- There is no way you will solve how to grow facial hair yet you cannot even take good care of the skin, exfoliate to remove dead skin layers, and keep it moisturized.
Thin or slow-growing hair on the face and cheeks and chin may also be caused by hypothyroidism. It is, however, significant to note that this condition is more common in women than in men.
How to Grow Facial Hair Fast And Naturally At Home
If you are looking for techniques on how to grow facial hair, you are not alone: you are like many other men around the world who dream of being able to grow luscious, and thick facial hair, which would provide them with a more masculine look.
Burly beards and handsome mustaches could be the popular look at the moment, but unfortunately, not all men are in a position to grow their facial hair fast. If you are interested in growing thicker, and healthier facial hair fast, you need to try out the following tips and tricks.
1. Ensure Your Face Remains Moist and Clean at All Times
Dirt, oil, and dead skin make a thick barricade for the hair follicles that want to break through to the surface. You will discover that it is feasible to grow your facial hair much quicker when you maintain a clean and oil-free face at all times.
- Use warm water and a gentle face cleanser to rinse your face at least two times each day ( when you wake up and before going to bed)
- It is recommended you use a gentle cleanser instead of the standard soaps. Standard soaps are known to be too abrasive to the skin and may cause a lot of irritation.
- You may also consider using a good dandruff shampoo at least three times a week to help deal with the irritation.
- Once you have rinsed your face, use a facial moisturizing lotion to ensure that the skin will remain hydrated at all times, while ensuring that the dead skin cells will not clog or gather around the hair follicles.
2. Try and Stimulate Your Hair Follicles with a Massage
Are you looking for information on how to grow facial hair? Performing a light massage on your face will encourage the hair follicles present in this area to begin growing thicker, and much more quickly.
- Apply gentle but even pressure on the different parts of the face where you want to stimulate the growth of facial hair.
- Rub the areas using small and circular motions.
- Once done, consistently massage your face for at least fifteen minutes each day.
3. Chill Out
According to Mayo Clinic, “controlling your stress levels can greatly enhance the rate at which your facial hair begins to grow” This is a sure tip on how to grow facial hair and promote thicker full beards natural growth.
- Mental and physical stress is capable of crippling your immune system. When the immune system is crippled, this limits its ability to help in the growth of facial hair.
- Although it is nearly impossible to alleviate stress from your body completely, you can take small steps to limit the amount of stress that is present in your everyday life.
- Talk to the people in your life to find out how you can reduce stress, or begin exercising and meditating in order to reduce and release your anxiety levels.
4. Ensure You Get Enough Sleep
Any person looking for methods and techniques on how to grow facial hair needs to ensure that he is getting enough sleep. Proper rest is required to keep all the elements in your body functional, and this will include the growth of hair on your face.
- Sleep is one of the periods during which the body is able to regenerate all the cells that it has lost
- You, will, therefore, find that hair tends to rise when a person is sleeping.
- In fact, if you are sleeping for less than six hours each night, you will find that it will be impractical for you to grow any hair.
- For best facial hair growth results, you will need to sleep for a minimum of eight hours each night.
5. Exercise on a Regular Basis
Exercising on a regular basis is one important element of maintaining your normal bodily functions, such as the growth of facial hair.
When exercising, you will need to turn your focus to aerobic exercises. Aerobic exercises are known to help improve blood circulation in your body
- Good blood circulation ensures that the body maintains a good metabolic rate
- The nutrients you consume, which may help enhance the growth of facial hair are able to reach the hair follicles much faster when there is proper circulation
- Alternatively, consider taking a brisk thirty-minute walk each day after work, or consider jogging
6. Quit Smoking
Quitting smoking will also be another way for you to enhance the growth of hair on your face. When you smoke, you weaken the immune system in the body, and when the body has a weakened immune system, it is not able to assist in the growth of facial hair.
When nicotine gets into your body, it decreases the body’s ability to absorb importantly. Therefore, you will find that all the nutrients your body needs to grow facial hair will not reach their intended location – the hair follicles
Additionally, nicotine is also known to constrict the blood vessels, and this makes it impossible for the blood to go where it is needed.
7. Get Plenty of Proteins and Saturated Fats
Protein and saturated fats are vital players when it comes to boosting fast and healthy hair growth. How can you grow facial hair using this method?
- Hair is partially made from protein, and the healthy hair in the body is often coated with oils and fats. As such, any fast-growing healthy beard or mustache will need both proteins and fats.
- Additionally, proteins and fats can both increase your testosterone levels – testosterone is another important player in boosting the growth of facial hair.
- Beans and fish are two very powerful sources of protein, and consuming the two foods helps in stimulating the growth of beards and mustaches.
- Eggs and animal fats can also be effective. However, you will need to limit your intake of fats as they may cause problems in your circulatory system when you consume them too much.
8. Do Away With the Sweets
According to some studies, sugar has the potential to make your hair weak. When you consume too many foods that are rich in sugar, you will be making it harder for the beard and mustache to grow.
- As you probably already know, the sugars that are found in sweets and dairy products are not as harmful as those found in baked products, soda, and candy
9. Build up Your B-Complex Vitamins
When you want to grow facial hair, biotin, or vitamin B7 is one of the vitamins that you will need to consume. Other vitamins that are important include vitamins B5, B3, and B9.
- Biotin is naturally found in nuts and the egg yolk. If you are not capable of getting your biotin naturally, consider taking a supplement
- B3 and B5 vitamins are known to help in the circulation of blood and can be obtained from chicken, avocado, milk, beef, and fish
Vitamin B9 also known as folic acid is known to directly impact the ability of your facial hair to grow and can be found in cereals, green leafy vegetables as well as in nuts.
10. Make Certain You Have a Good Balance of Vitamins A, C, & E
For those looking for ways on how to grow facial hair, they will be surprised to find that all these vitamins work hand in hand in promoting conditions that are ideal for the growth of facial hair.
- Vitamin A helps in keeping the sebum and the hair follicles and can be found in carrots and broccoli
- Vitamin E will assist in improving circulation and is found in beans, leafy vegetables, and nuts
- Vitamin C works to improve your immune system and is mainly found in potatoes, citrus fruits, green peppers, and tomatoes
Consistent use of eucalyptus has been known to help in enhancing the growth of hair. However, it is important to ensure that you do not apply eucalyptus oil directly to your skin surface.
Instead, you will need to use skincare products that contain eucalyptus as an ingredient, or take the oil and dilute it with some water before application.
How to grow natural hair fast
Growing facial hair using eucalyptus:
- Use four parts of water to dilute a single part of the eucalyptus
- Apply the diluted eucalyptus oil to the skin using a cotton ball, and then allow it to sit for a while
- If the skin surface becomes irritated, ensure you wash the eucalyptus oil from your face
- It is highly suggested that you use cleansers and moisturizers that contain eucalyptus instead of using the natural oil
12. Make a Blend Using Amla Oil and Mustard Leaves
Follow these directions to learn how to grow facial hair using this particular blend
- Combine a quarter cup of Amla oil with three teaspoons of mustard leaves. Blend the two ingredients until they form a smooth adhesive
- Take this adhesive and apply it to your face allowing it to sit for at least twenty minutes prior to rinsing it off
- You can save the remaining solution in your refrigerator for use in the next two or three days
- Additional oils that can be used to stimulate the growth of facial hair include jojoba oil and grape seed oil.
13. Combine Ground Cinnamon and Lime Juice
You will need to combine your two ingredients to form a very thin paste. This paste should be applied on your face at least two times each day if you are looking for ways on how to grow facial hair.
- Blend a single teaspoon of ground cinnamon with two teaspoons of lime juice
- Once combined, you will need to apply this mixture to the face and let it sit for twenty minutes before you can wash it off.
- If you experience some irritation, stop using it immediately
14. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is another effective way for you to grow your facial hair. To ensure you get maximum results, you will need to:
- Combine one part of rosemary oil with a single part of coconut oil
- Take a cotton ball and use it to apply the mixture to the face
- After fifteen minutes, use cool water to wash it off from your face
- It is recommended that you use this blend on your face at least three times each week
15. Rosemary Essential Oil and Coconut Oil
For you to use this particular home remedy in enhancing the growth of facial hair, you will need to:
- Take ten parts of virgin coconut oil and a single part of rosemary oil
- Dip a clean pad, or a cotton ball into the blend and then use the cotton ball to apply the blend to your skin surface
- The mixture should be left on your face for at least twenty minutes before you can rinse it off using some freshwater
- There is no need to use a mild soap when rinsing your face
- It is recommended that the mixture is applied to your face at least two times each day
16. Cinnamon Powder and Lemon Juice
The following step-by-step guidelines will teach you how to grow facial hair using cinnamon powder and lemon juice.
- Mix two teaspoons of lemon juice with a single teaspoon of cinnamon powder in a small bowl
- Thoroughly mix the solution with a spoon before you can apply it to your face
- Once applied, it should be allowed at least thirty minutes before you can wash your face using cold water
- Ensure you rinse off using a mild detergent to help remove the lemon juice
- Use a clean towel to gently tap your skin dry before applying a moisturizer to ensure that the skin remains hydrated, and to protect it from any form of dryness.
- Given that this solution does not cause any form of irritation, you should apply it two times each day
How to Groom and Look Nice With Facial Hair
Once you have used the above techniques to grow your facial hair, you can groom your beard using the following techniques.
1. Exercise Patience
An epic beard is often the result of self-restraint on the part of the man. Once you have started growing it, you have to resist all urges to style or trim the mustache or beard, and leave it that way for the next four to six weeks.
This period will allow your facial hair to grow in an even manner while allowing you enough time to pick a style that will truly suit your face.
2. Match the Beard to the Shape of Your Face
Similar to wild animals, it is important for your beard to be in-tune with its environment. After a month of consistent growth, consult your barber to find a style that will perfectly match your face shape.
It will allow your beard to look perfect, and ensure that you look good in your new look.
3. Learn How & When You Should Trim
Even if you are growing out the beard, pruning is important if you are to have a well-groomed beard. You, will, therefore need to invest in a quality trimmer, and ensure that you find a grooming technique that will suit your preferred look.
4. Wash the Beard on a Regular Basis
It is important to ensure that you wash the beard on a regular basis during the early stages of growth. When growing, you will find that it can trap dead skin cells as well as food items.
The trapped items can exacerbate itchiness. You must, therefore, scrub the beard a few times each week using a specialized cleanser. Once it is clean, you need to pat it dry as overzealous toweling may lead to the formation of split ends.
5. Find a Good Beard Oil
Once you have started grooming your facial hair, you will find that nothing tames beards like the use of beard oil.
When you start looking, you will find that there exist many varieties in the market, which you can choose from each having its own unique scent.
6. Know-How to Train the Beard
Regular trimming will help maintain the shape that you have chosen. However, this is not the only way that you can use to ensure that your beard remains in line with what you have planned.
Daily rubdowns using a beard brush or comb will help wrangle stubborn hairs, as you train them to grow facing downwards.
7. Do Not Forget Your Mustache
Growing an epic beard also means that you need to grow a mustache. To ensure that your beard will look neat at all times, you will need to trim the area that is below your nose using grooming scissors.
If you are looking for how to grow facial hair, you should be able to use the methods discussed above to grow a neat beard or mustache. Ensure that you trim it on a regular basis so that it does not get out of hand.