You might not think the words “supermarket” and “beauty” go together. After all, your standard grocery store tends to be a destination for grooming staples like shampoo and boxed hair dye, and nothing more. But if you’ve been to Whole Foods® lately, you know that supermarket beauty isn’t one size fits all.
The beauty aisle within the health-centric grocer is a skincare junkie’s gold mine. If you’re thinking Whole Foods sells only essential oils and glycerin soap bars, you couldn’t be more wrong. Next time you make a run to pick up a pineapple or a box of paleo crackers, visit Whole Body®, its health and beauty department. There, you’ll find a thorough selection of natural and non-toxic face and body formulas. From staple brands like Dr. Hauschka® to new indie beauty favorites, and even Whole Foods’ sheet masks, you’re bound to find something suited to your tastes. Keep reading to discover some of our top picks.
List of 10 Best Whole Foods SkinCare Products Reviews
1 MyChelle® Refining Sugar Cleanser
- Even those with sensitive skin will enjoy the MyChelle Refining Sugar Cleanser. Though it’s gritty upon application, the natural sugar dissolves with water, morphing into a creamy lather as you buff your face sparkling clean.
- The formula combines a glow-boosting blend of peptides, antioxidants, and alpha-hydroxy acids, which will leave your face smooth and hydrated. Its dessert-like sweet aroma turns the dreaded morning shower into a decadent self-care experience.
2 Dr. Hauschka Translucent Bronzing Tint
- A few years ago on Watch What Happens Live®, Jennifer Lopez told Andy Cohen about her favorite moisturizer: “A rose cream from Whole Foods.” She was, indeed, referring to the iconic Dr. Hauschka face cream. The brand, however, has an unsung hero in the Translucent Bronzing Fluid Tint.
- This truly natural-looking liquid can be mixed in with any moisturizer or applied with a blending sponge to add an instant boost of color. At the same time, it refines the look of enlarged pores and minimizes most surface imperfections.
3 Acure® Radically Rejuvenating Under Eye Hydrogels Mask
- Whether they come courtesy of dreaded spring allergies or that last glass of wine you should have skipped the night before, puffy eyes definitely qualify as a common morning emergency. The Acure Radically Rejuvenating Under Eye Hydrogels are soaked in soothing extracts of silk tree, cucumber, and chamomile to erase signs of eye-related fatigue. Keep them in the fridge for an extra cooling boost, which will help decrease inflammation in just minutes.
4 Boiron® Calendula Cream
- We learned about this Whole Foods find from Joshua Ross of SkinLabTM. The Boiron Calendula Cream is actually shelved in the first aid section of the beauty aisle, so you may need to look closely. This homeopathic blend of soothing botanicals and glycerin is excellent for treating cuts, scrapes, and sunburn, but don’t limit your use of it to emergency situations. It makes for a fantastic moisturizer that calms the skin après peel or laser treatment. Apply it over your retinol treatment at night to prevent potential dryness or flaking.
5 Mad Hippie® Exfoliating Serum
- To achieve a glowing complexion, consistent exfoliating is a non-negotiable step in your daily routine. The Mad Hippie Exfoliating Serum is a powerful leave-on treatment that tackles two of the biggest skin challenges: discoloration and fine lines. The potent blend of glycolic and lactic acids is combined with mega-hydrating sodium hyaluronate, apple stem cells, and fruit-derived antioxidants to ward off irritation.
- The result is speedier cellular turnover for brighter, firmer skin, plus a complexion that’s nourished and protected from free radical damage. If you’re new to chemical exfoliation, incorporate this serum into your nighttime routine once per week. The resurfacing action may increase your skin’s sun sensitivity, which is why you must apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen daily.
6 Cocokind® Golden Elixir
- Everybody loves a multi-tasker, which is why the Cocokind Golden Elixir has achieved cult status in the green beauty space. This face, body, and hair moisturizer is fueled by organic sacha inchi oil, a superfood plant grown and harvested in the Peruvian rainforests.
- Its high omega and antioxidant content are said to have powerful healing and regenerative properties. As a daily moisturizer, it is suitable for nearly all skin types – including acne-prone – and it works beautifully on hair to treat dry ends and to tame flyaways. Geranium and sweet orange oil give this golden potion an addictive herbal aroma.
7 Whole Foods Market Sheet Masks
- When Whole Foods launched its own range of K-beauty-inspired sheet masks, we were both intrigued and apprehensive. After all, it’s rare for a great face mask to just land in your grocery cart. Our testing proved we needn’t worry: the assortment includes textures that vary from cotton to bio-cellulose, and address your age-defying, nourishing, soothing, and clarifying needs.
- Each formula is saturated to perfection and sports a great fit that won’t slide down your face. It’s really hard to pick a favorite but, lately, the Nourishing Royal JellyTM has been indispensable as the yo-yo-like temperature changes have sent our skin into a frenzy.
8 Alba Botanica® Acnedote® Face & Body Scrub
- Warmer weather is hopefully around the corner and, as the days get longer, the sleeves get shorter. If you’re wishing to smooth out even slight imperfections on your arms and shoulders, include space in your shower for a tube of Alba Botanica Acnedote Face & Body Scrub.
- This straightforward blend of salicylic acid, willow bark extract, and ground walnut shells buffs away dirt and oil clogging your pores, which trigger acne and other unwanted breakouts. It’s even gentle enough to use on your face, too.
9 Evanhealy® Whipped Shea Butter for Lips
- Clever merchandising and tempting packaging may make it difficult to restrain yourself from that impromptu lip balm purchase at checkout. Instead of making a hasty purchase, pick up a tube of the Evanhealy Whipped Shea Butter for Lips in the beauty aisle. The mega nourishing blend of shea butter and beeswax soothes dry, chapped lips on contact.
- Additionally, omega-rich plant oils such as raspberry seed, argan, and avocado provide superb antioxidant protection. The biggest lip balm connoisseur will be impressed with the non-greasy texture and lasting performance of this certified organic salve. In a pinch, it’s wider than most swivel stick applicators, which makes for a great cuticle balm.
10 Dr. Bronner’s® Organic Shaving Soap
- Dr. Bronner’s Shaving Soap is one of the best unisex beauty finds at Whole Foods. Whether you use it on your face, underarms, or legs, it helps you achieve an incredibly close shave.
- You can choose from lavender, tea tree, lemongrass lime, and peppermint aromas to experience a dose of aromatherapy (or unscented, if you prefer a fragrance-free option).
- A minimal amount creates a rich lather, but be careful while squeezing the tube – the soap is quite runny inconsistency. This shaving solution scores bonus points for its use exclusively of organic and fair trade ingredients.