Getting a good night’s sleep in one of the most important things you can do for your body and your health – and your skin is no exception. That’s why they call it beauty sleep after all, is it?
When we’re well rested, our skin looks and feels fresher, and of course, getting enough “shut eye” can help prevent those dreaded bags under the eyes. There are many reasons why you may not be getting enough sleep¹, including stress, diet and sleep apnea, however professionals believe that wearing a sleep mask (or eye mask) can help, particularly if you are trying to sleep during the day or your curtains are not adequately blocking out the light2. So, without further ado, we’ve rounded up the best sleep masks for all types of sleepers.
- The best sleep mask: Snuggle-Pedic Cooling Sleep Mask ($29.99, Amazon)
- The best budget sleep mask: Sol Wellness Natural Silk Sleep Mask & Blindfold ($4.99, Amazon)
- The best premium sleep mask: Lunya Washable Silk Sleep Mask ($48.00, Lunya)
- Best Sleep Masks Reviews
- Some tips to help you choose the best sleep masks
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Thoughts
Best Sleep Masks Reviews
Best Overall Sleep Mask: Snuggle-Pedic Cooling Sleep Mask
Our pick for best sleep mask combines comfort and affordability. Made with breathable memory foam (which the company uses to make its signature pillows), the Snuggle-Pedic Cooling Sleep Mask conforms to your face, making it the perfect fit regardless of whether you sleep on your back, side or stomach.
- Very light, it won’t cause any pressure.
- Maximum light blocking technology.
- Make you feel cooler in your sleep.
- Keep your skin pure and smooth.
- Cushioning memory foam memorizes all your sleeping positions.
- Portable, perfect for both home use and travel.
- Some customers may not like the V shaped design.
- Snuggle-Pedic Kool-Flow gel and activated carbon foam eye patch solves these problems by providing you with the next generation of charcoal and gel foam invented by NASA scientists to make sugar strokes for your ears and face, allowing you to be extremely comfortable.
- At the same time, these best sleep masks absorb light and block any light from the sides and the best part is its high breathability and cooling technology for allowing you to sleep more comfortably at any time of the day or night.
- Snuggle-Pedic Sleeping Mask offers completely unprecedented light-blocking technology thanks to 3/8 inch thick charcoal and gel active foam that absorbs 100% light. This means you can sleep with adequate light around your body and you can still keep the normal circadian rhythm of sleep, which is essential for proper melatonin production and a deeper, restful sleep. more ergonomics.
- Thanks to the combination of the cooling and temperature regulation of the gel and charcoal, as well as the exclusive micro-breathable Kool-Flow fabric, these best overall sleep masks give you a cool night’s sleep.
- With Charcoal’s moisture and odor absorption, you can feel comfortable knowing your skin will be protected all night long. Whether it’s an airplane, train or a car, Snuggle-Pedic Eyeshade is designed to adapt to whatever seat type, headrest and/or bed you choose without any annoying lumpy spots. Thanks to the pressure-sensitive and consistent memory foam, you can sleep comfortably in any position and even help avoid excessive ears.
Best Budget Sleep Mask: Sol Wellness Natural Silk Sleep Mask & Blindfold
With Sol Wellness Natural Silk Sleep Mask & Blindfold, you can completely enjoy a comfortable and peaceful night at an extremely affordable price. The sleep mask is constructed from high quality silk, giving it a lightweight and feeling when in use. The sleep mask did a good job of blocking out all of the light in testing. For that reason, we’ve selected it as our best sleep mask for those on a budget.
- This mask is extremely soft and airy when worn on the face. Along with the elegant and streamlined black design, you will surely have a delightful experience when using the Sol Wellness Sleep Mask.
- Sol Wellness Super Soft Silk Sleep Mask will help you relax, rejuvenate and restore your body. Enjoy a healthier lifestyle by improving your sleep today with this specially designed silk sleep mask. Wake up refreshed and well-rested, enjoying perks like increased energy and a sharper memory.
- Will unwanted light keep you from falling into the blissful state of the sleep you crave? Need to keep the sun from interrupting your naps? Your search has ended! Our silk sleep masks help you experience a better sleep cycle by providing the complete darkness needed for uninterrupted sleep, whether you’re deep asleep or napping.
- This sleep mask can block sunlight, lamp light or any other unwanted light source. Quickly fall asleep and enjoy the happy sleep needed to refresh and revitalize your body and mind. Carefully and meticulously made of silk, our sleeping masks are super soft, ultra smooth, durable, reliable and long lasting.
- The lightweight, custom-designed shape provides a comfortable and eye-pressure-free sleep experience, allowing you to fall asleep with ease. Best of all, no contact with your eyelids or eyelashes. Good for migraines, people with dry eyes and insomnia. The naturally breathable silk texture allows airflow to circulate while keeping the air dry.
- While many masks mess your hair, Lunya Washable Silk Sleep Mask holds your hair without creating unwanted wrinkles and it won’t slip off in your sleep. Plus, the large eye-pad covers the entire eye, ensuring that any kind of light doesn’t disturb your sleep.
- And since this best premium sleep mask surrounds the entire head, it also keeps the sound straying away. The silk material glides gently on your skin and doesn’t cause wrinkles.
- It’s soft and bulging – basically a good-looking pillow, held in place with an elastic headband – with just the right amount of compression. The strap isn’t adjustable, but somehow, it offers enough ability to fit comfortably around my bigger-than-average noggin while not too loose for those with smaller heads. (The mask comes in only one size; Lunya says it is suitable for heads with a circumference of 23 to 26 inches.)
- According to the website, Lunya masks come in six colors: brown, white, light pink, navy blue, gray, and black. Lunya masks not only completely block the light, but also cover the ears. This little feature doesn’t really make it hard to sound – to me, it feels like I’m lying in my cocoon in the night with a face wrapped in a towel.
- Keeping the mask clean is just as important as washing your pillowcase, especially if you want to avoid pimples. Although made from silk, the Lunya masks are machine washable. Lunya is small enough and easy to wash in a sink.
Some tips to help you choose the best sleep masks
1. Consider choosing the soft, breathable material
Since the mask is directly on the skin of your face, it should be as soft as possible. And if you are using your mask on swampy summer nights, that material will breathe easier. With the flat mask touching your eyes, the pure silk feels soothing to your eyes and prevents your face from overheating.
The contoured mask, the more it touches your face as much as possible, should be soft and light but still firm enough to lift the cup.
2. An adjustable strap would be better
The strap should be able to fit all head sizes and shapes. Most of the masks were adjusted via Velcro or buckles, and most of our testers liked straps with buckles, which didn’t get tangled in their hair and small enough to go unnoticed during the night.
3. Choose sleep mask with convex eyecups
The sleeping mask creates space between the eyelids and the mask so that your eyes can move or vibrate. Most of the testers found this design to be more pleasant than the flat mask that rubbed against their eyelids and lashes. Eye masks are also helpful if you fall asleep while wearing makeup (such as on a business trip) or if you simply don’t like the pressure on your eyes.
4. Pick the lightweight mask
The best sleep masks will make you feel like you’re not wearing them, so as light as possible – ideally no more than 1 ½ ounce.
5. Choose the durable and machine washable sleep mask
Continuously wearing the mask will cause levels of eye discomfort to build up on the underside of the mask, so you can run it through the washing process.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does silk actually have anti-aging benefits?
While there is no certain science that specifically says silk may have anti-aging benefits, silk may be a better choice for sensitive skin. Also, unlike cotton, silk doesn’t absorb as much moisture from your hair and facial skin. This can lead to less hair loss and better absorption of your skin care products.
2. Is a sleeping mask really effective?
The best sleep masks do work because the presence of light is a common cause of poor sleep. Sleep in complete darkness for maximum rest and relaxation. With the high quality sleeping mask, you can get the recommended light level wherever you go.
Enjoy a comfortable and smooth sleep with the best sleep masks. Hopefully, with the products that Nubobeauty has introduced to you, you will be able to make the right choice for you.