Depending on the atopic of each person, the length of the nail and toenail changes significantly. However, most of us find it uncomfortable and hindered as this part of the body develops. Therefore, using the best nail clippers to remove excess nails helps you to work more conveniently.
On the other hand, studies have shown that excess fingernails or toenails are an ideal environment for bacteria to live and grow. If you do not remove this part in a timely manner, you could also face the risk of minor diseases as well as other adverse health effects. In addition, for many women, having beautiful nails and soft hands also gives them confidence. So the best nail clippers play an important role in trimming and shaping nails.
- The best nail clippers:
- Top 4 Best Nail Clippers on Amazon for 2021
- Best overall nail clippers
- Runner up: best nail clippers
- Best for very thick or ingrown toenails
- Types of best nail clippers on the market
- Frequently Asked Questions
The best nail clippers:
- Best nail clippers (overall): Harperton Nail Clipper Set Fingernail and Toenail Clipper ($14.88, Amazon)
- Best budget nail clippers: Tweezer Guru Nail Clipper Set (fingernail and toenail clippers) ($7.89, Amazon)
- Best toe nail clippers: Kohm CP-120L 5mm Heavy Duty, Wide Jaw Toenail Clippers ($12.99, Amazon)
- Best nail clippers for ingrown toe nails: Harperton Nippit – Precision Toenail Clipper Tool for Thick or Ingrown Toenails ($14.88, Amazon)
Top 4 Best Nail Clippers on Amazon for 2021
To ensure hygiene and convenience in life, you should use a specialized nail clipper to cut off excess nails. Here are my top 4 most suggestions based on extensive testing and research.
Best overall nail clippers
- Say goodbye to shoddy nail clippers made from inexpensive carbon steel that quickly tarnish and eventually rust.
- The Harperton brand has made it his mission to create a better nail clipper for users all over the world. From using premium stainless steel to refining the design until it’s totally perfect. What else makes Harperton’s nail clipper so great?
- Smart handle design makes it easy to use.
- It works smoothly.
- The surface of the blade hugs your nails for easier control.
- The high-strength stainless steel blade is hand-sharpened, finely cut and easily removed without filing, which helps prevent nail splitting, ingrown toenails and fungal infections.
- The handle of the nail clipper is reinforced and forged for more strength and leverage.
- Durability is focused.
- It’s hard to find the downside of these best nail clippers. If they have, it’s too hot so they are often sold out.
Runner up: best nail clippers
- The best nail clippers are a great decisive tool for the flawless beauty of the nails. The best nail clippers from Tweezer Guru will give users an unexpectedly satisfying experience.
- The best nail clippers from Tweezer Guru are professional nail clippers. It achieves maximum sharpness, saves users time and does not cause injuries. In addition to the sharpness, it must be said that its smoothness when using it helps the user to work lighter, more flexible and much more quickly.
- Very versatile because it cuts both soft and hard nails.
- The handle is designed to harmonize well with the woman’s hand.
- The size of this nail clipper is compact so you can use it at home or in your carry-on bag.
- The stainless steel blades are well-manufactured meticulously, looking quite sophisticated.
- The clipper of the nail is very smooth, there is no redundancy so you rarely have to do it many times.
- It is considered to be a bit slippery.
Best for very thick or ingrown toenails
- Manicures and pedicures are very important. If the nail grows too long and is not trimmed, the nail will be very dirty, ugly, uneven and very dangerous. You don’t have to cut your nails too short, but you need to keep your nails neatly trimmed every few weeks to ensure strong growth.
- With this nail clipper product, you can rest assured because it is 100% safe, so it does not cause pain, discomfort or damage to the hand skin. The best for very thick or ingrown toenails from the Harperton brand is also used for babies and the whole family for the most comprehensive nail care.
- The compact and convenient design makes it easy to hold and use.
- The sharp and precise cutting edge makes cutting your fingernails a breeze and fast without any difficulties.
- Stainless steel blade.
- The Harperton Nippit nail clippers will keep you and your family absolutely safe when cutting your nails.
- The best nail clippers are safe to use for all ages.
- It handles the thickest of nails easily.
- Don’t worry about bleeding.
- Decisive cutting force.
- The durability of the nail clipper is high.
- Excellent ergonomics.
- Maneuverability is good.
- It’s a bit difficult to cut the toenails.
Best toenails clippers
- These best Kohm nail clippers are great for ingrown or thick toenails/nails. With high-quality stainless steel material, it is a perfect tool for cutting thick toenails. The blade opening of about 1 inch makes it easy for you to handle thick toenails. Besides, the best toenails clippers offer a comfortable grip thanks to the smart grip design.
- Compact size, very convenient to put in a bag.
- Affordable price, outstanding quality.
- Trusted brand.
- The ridges on the handle are specially designed for the purpose of preventing slipping.
- As for the blade, it is made of sturdy, sharp steel.
- How thick toenails are, just put in a light pressure and then let go.
- The best toenails clipper is very easy to clean.
- It is quite durable, it can be used well for several years.
- Value for money.
- Easy to use.
- Since it is too sharp and the opening is also wide, you must be absolutely careful with it if you do not want to hurt yourself.
Types of best nail clippers on the market
Based on the structure of the nail clippers, nail clippers are divided into two different types: Traditional nail clippers and nail pliers as below:
- First, traditional nail clippers are nail clippers with a straight or curved blade. The design of the nail clasp holds the nail tip to help the user cut nails quickly and accurately.
- Second, nail pliers are made in the same shape as a regular plier. However, they are much smaller in size than normal. Normally, the two press faces above the top of the plier will be sharpened for ideal sharpness. This type of nail clipper is chosen by many women to use for themselves. It is also a top priority used in nail salons thanks to its strength and durability.
Nail pliers are loved by nail salons
Depending on the purpose of use, users can choose for themselves the best nail clippers.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to choose the best nail clippers?
Currently, there are many types of nail clippers on the market, but not all lines give you great effects, good support when caring for nails. Therefore, in order to find a useful product, you should take note of the following.
- Priority nail clippers made from stainless steel (inox) to ensure good anti-rust. Thanks to that, the tool is strengthened to avoid infection when in contact with the skin and nails.
- The nail clippers should have a large plate with a flat and sharpened blade. As a result, the product has definitive actions, avoiding the phenomenon of nail scratched or nail popped when cutting.
- The nail clippers should have strong construction but avoid the tight phenomenon. It will also be difficult to use.
2. How often should the nail clipper be replaced?
Nail clippers usually do not have a certain expiry date. If the product does not rust and still has outstanding durability and sharpness, you can still use the product for a long time.
You should only replace the nail clipper when the product shows signs of damage or no longer sharp as it originally was.
3. Where can I find the best nail clippers?
Currently, nail clippers from major brands have been sold in many nail tools stores. Besides, to get a higher convenience, you should order products on major e-commerce platforms like Amazon.
4. Should I choose traditional nail clippers or nail pliers?
The answer depends on your aim.
The first is traditional nail clippers.
- Solid structure makes it easy to use at home.
- Rate is much cheaper than nail pliers.
- The blade is quite long and thick. It cannot be used in narrow areas such as stuck nails.
- If you use these traditional nail clippers to cut excess skin, the skin layer will not be as smooth as when using nail pliers.
Second is nail pliers.
- The small pliers easily cut nails and redundant skin at the outside position and also at the inner corners.
- Skin after cutting smooth without scratches.
- The price is higher than traditional nail clippers.
- Not suitable for cutting too thick nails.
The above are shares about the top 4 best nail clippers that are being trusted on the market. Hopefully, you will find yourself a high-quality product that meets your needs.
- Nail clippers vs. scissors, Reddit
- We’ve Been Trimming Our Nails Wrong for More Than 100 Years, Gizmodo (2012)