Ionic hair dryers are becoming all the rage because they limit heat damage to your own hair, decrease your drying time, and cut down on frizz. They produce negatively charged ions that help to dry your hair more quickly, reducing the amount of warmth you subject your own locks. Negative ions also lock in moisture to make you softer, smoother, shinier tresses to banish bad hair for good.
Now we will take a look just at ionic hair dryers. We looked and multiple models but selected only 11 which offer a great bang for the buck and attribute positive testimonials. Here are the top 11 best Ionic hair dryers reviews of 2020. Read our buying guide for all the tips you need to find the best ionic hair dryers.
Reviews of the 11 Best Ionic Hair Dryers of 2020
1 BaBylissPRO BABNT5548 Nano Titanium Hair Dryer
- The BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Dryer combines power, speed & layout to provide heavy-duty 2000-watt electricity & lightweight ergonomic handling.
- Features 6 heat/speed settings, a cool shot, & a concentrator nozzle for a vast range of drying & styling options.
- Engineered technologies mean hair dries faster, with less frizz.
- Great for all hair types such as thick & coarse hair, this blow dryer helps reveal glistening, healthy-looking hair.
2 BIO IONIC 10x Ultralight Speed Dryer
- This hairdryer holds a lot of power in less than one pound.
- Volcanic MX, a proprietary mixture of volcanic rock and our signature mineral complex, styles hair with moisturizing heat.
- The 1800W EcoDrive brushless motor is 50% more powerful than a normal engine, so it may dry hair in under 10 minutes-all while utilizing 75% less energy.
- Infusing moisture to the strands and sealing the cuticle to get 10X’s the glow and 10X’s styling ability.
3 ghd Air Dryer
- Its powerful 1600W professional-strength blow dryer engine and patented detachable air filter deliver high-pressure airflow for fast drying, while innovative ionic technology reduces frizz and flyaways to provide a smooth salon-style finish in half the time.
- Its ergonomic design makes it comfortable to hold for both left and right-handed users. Compatible with all the ghd air diffusers.
- Variable power and temperature controls allow you to tailor your blow-dry to your hair type, while a cool shot button helps lock your finished style in place with a burst of chilly air.
4 TREZORO Professional Ionic Salon Hair Dryer
- It utilizes turbo to accelerate moving ten times more ions and thus help to remove static and reducing frizz. The joint effect of ceramic tourmaline makes hair smooth and soft, and all you need to do is blow-dry it.
- 3 heat settings and two speeds, outfitted with 2 concentrator nozzles to precisely meet the demands of hairstyles: Curly, Straight, Thin, or Thick.
- The new upgraded 2200W DC motor supplies strong airflow and fast drying. Bring an expert salon house.
- Premium soft-touch body; comfortable non-slip handle for flexible operation; detachable rear filter for easy cleaning.
5 Conair 1875 Watt Full Size Pro Hair Dryer with Ionic Conditioning
- Conair’s tourmaline ceramic technologies offer infrared heat to help combat frizz and bring out your hair’s own all-natural beauty and shine. This ionic hair dryer reduces static electricity in your hair making it shiny and glossy. And Tourmaline Ceramic Technology provides uniform heat for quick drying and less harm
- This sexy hair dryer has a DC motor and provides 3 different heat settings and 2-speed settings. With a simple flick of the rocker switches, use any combination of these settings to match your hair texture and duration or to match your desired styling objective. Then you can finish your hair off with a burst of cold air from the cool shot button to lock on your preferred style.
- Plus this hair blow dryer includes a hairdryer attachment-a hairdryer concentrator/hairdryer nozzle-for sleek, hot pinpoint styling. A removable filter makes cleaning and maintaining your blow dryer a breeze and the 5ft. A cord means it’s easy to reach behind your head or walk over to the mirror.
6 BaBylissPRO BAB2000 Ceramix Xtreme Dryer
- The BaBylissPRO Ceramix Xtreme 2000-watt dryer uses ceramic technologies to extra-gentle, even, far-infrared heat that protects hair from damage.
- There is a cold shot button to lock in design, plus a narrow concentrator nozzle, and also a 9-foot professional grade cord for easy maneuverability.
- Six warmth & rate setting are available & the soft, rubberized housing is comfortable to deal with.
- The elongated narrow barrel can help to optimize the Xtreme air pressure & the specialist AC motor ensures many hours of drying time.
- Using a professional-level motor & extra-high wattage, this high quality, lightweight blow drier can do it all.
7 Remington D3190 Damage Protection Hair Dryer with Ceramic + Ionic + Tourmaline Technology
- The Advanced Coating Technology offers 3X more protection through styling, and proprietary Micro-Conditioner Technology keeps your hair healthier.
- Together with three warmth and two-speed settings, it is possible to locate the airflow performance you prefer for your hair type. Then lock in your stunning styles with the cool shot button.
- This drier combines Ceramic + Ionic + Tourmaline technology with 1875W maximum power for quick, healthy fashions and less frizz.
- Plus, the concentrator and diffuser attachments make it effortless to design with precision or construct volume and lift while you dry your hair.
8 Andis 82105 1875-Watt Tourmaline Ceramic Ionic Styling Hair Dryer
- The Andis styler 1875 ionic/ceramic dryer comprises 1875 watts of drying power. Ionic technology breaks up water molecules, leading to a faster drying period, and the ceramic even-heat technology preserves natural oils and seals in moisture.
- It’s a higher velocity airflow using 3 air/heat settings, a cool shot button that locks in design, a turbo boost for high speed, and dual voltage for worldwide travel.
- This dryer has a cool shot. To deliver the cool shot of air, press the button on the other side of the handle. The cool shot is ideal for locking in the skillet to get a more lasting fashion.
- This drier employs ceramic technologies to offer healthier hair in comparison with standard dryers. Ceramic technology also helps keep the heat even and consistent.
9 NITION Negative Ions Ceramic Hair Dryer
- This negative ion hair dryer yields a healthy-looking, glowing shine infused, soft result.
- The drier outlet grill is ceramic coated and double sealed with argan oil, nanosilver, and damage shielding tourmaline to reduce static and prevent regular hair drying harm.
- The extremely compact and incredibly lightweight design allows for it to be readily transported and skillfully handled during blow-dry styling.
10 CHIC REPUBLIC Professional Ionic Hair Dryer
- CHIC REPUBLIC generates the greatest hair dryer using ceramic and ionic technology that protects your hair from damage whilst drying it super fast. Perfect for everyday use by women and men.
- Designed to make sure your hair looks fantastic even after drying, glistening Republic’s turbo hair dryer provides a super quick dry, either warm or cool, to ensure hair remains smooth and naturally shiny. Let the dryer’s heat indicator light demonstrate if cool air is ready!
- Constructed to go with you, this best-rated hair dryer is compact so it’s easy to pack if you are jet putting on vacation, traveling for work, or preparing an overnight bag.
- Not all hair is created equal. And not all styles need the very same tools. The Chic Republic understands this, which is why they’ve included 2 different nozzles That Will Help You attain hair perfection
11 Infinitipro By Conair 1875W Ion Choice Hair Dryer
- Create serious hair Envy using the infinitipro by Conair 1875 Watt hair dryer with ion alternative and ceramic technology. It’s like having a salon professional hairdryer at home.
- Twist the ions on for glossy, smooth, and glossy hair off for fullness, curls, and added volume. At length, a dryer that does not limit the looks you’re able to reach and gives you more styling possibilities compared to most other hair dryers.
- Its strong AC motor delivers fast airflow for styling simplicity, dries your hair up to 50% quicker, and extends the life span of your own hairdryer up to 3x.
- 3 heat and 2-speed settings help you locate just the correct temperature and airflow for your own hair, and also the true cold shot button lets you lock style in place. Even at reduced temperatures, This Conair Hair drier is very effective, helping create healthier-looking, shiny, more manageable hair with optimum styling control.
How to Choose the Best Ionic Hair Dryers
As with any hairdryer, an ionic hair dryer’s wattage is crucial since it determines how powerful the engine is. Dryers with stronger engines can create a more forceful burst of atmosphere, which dries your hair quickly without having excessive warmth. If you choose a low-wattage engine, then it may make up for its lack of power by using more heat, which in turn can damage your hair.
Opt for an ionic hair dryer with a wattage of at least 1800 Watt. It is not only better for your hair but more durable, too.
Tourmaline vs. Ceramic
Most high-quality ionic hair dryers include tourmaline within their structure. Tourmaline is a semiprecious mineral that could create negative ions in a greater number than the substances used in standard ionic dryers. Tourmaline is often used in a dryer’s internal elements or is ground to a powder that’s used to coat a dryer’s internal elements.
Some ionic hair dryers also contain ceramic, which can be used for the drier’s entire body, the heating element, or as a coat for the interior components. It will help generate infrared heat that’s able to penetrate the rotating shaft of your hair to lock in moisture and glow. Ceramic as a material doesn’t create negative ions, so not all ceramic sprays are ionic. You can find some ionic sprays which contain both tourmaline and ceramic materials to produce the best of both technologies.
Adjustable Temperature and Speed Settings
You need to use as little heat as possible to wash your hair. An ionic dryer that offers multiple temperature settings provides maximum control over your hairstyling. Multiple speed settings also help since you are able to use a higher speed and a lower temperature to be gentler on your hair.
If you would like to direct the air from your dryer over a particular part of your hair, start looking for an ionic dryer that contains a nozzle concentrator. It’s great for hammering certain areas for added volume, like your roots.
A cool-shot button is useful because it allows you to lock in your hairstyle as soon as your hair is all but fully dry. Elect for a model using a locking cool-shot button so that you don’t need to keep pressing it while you use it.
You do not want a hairdryer that’s too thick; your arm may get exhausted while holding it since you wait for your hair. Ionic dryers are lighter than other dryers, so they’re usually more comfortable to hold. Stick to models that weigh around one to one and a half pounds to your lightest weight option.
If you want to wash your hair without winding up with severe frizz, your ionic dryer must incorporate a diffuser. These really are a necessity if you’ve got curly hair.
Expect to spend anywhere from $30 to $500 or more to get an ionic dryer. Bargain models that don’t offer many attributes go for $30 to $50, but higher-quality dryers with more features usually cost between $50 and $100. For professional-grade models, you can pay $200 to $500.
There are a few that are skeptical about the advantages of an ionic hairdryer. Irrespective of the motives behind it, there’s one thing that is clear that is your pricing. Ionic and normal hair dryers have almost the same price. The differences are marginal. Additionally, those who use ionic technologies offer the choice to not use it.
We have the best ionic hair dryer that does work nicely but they cannot compete with professional-grade models. Our picklist includes several professional tier models which include a good price tag. If the spending budget is limited we additionally included more affordable versions.