As a nurse, you understand too well how important hand washing machine is. Apart from preventing the spread of diseases, it is also a good way to protect ourselves. But, regular handwashing may leave your palms dry, cracked, and unhealthy.
To protect your skin, here are the ten best hand creams for nurses to help heal healing hands:
Why Should Nurses Use Hand Creams?
Hand creams ought to be an significant part the cleaning process that’s frequently overlooked in the clinic setting. Utilizing hand creams effectively moisturizes skin. This prevents the skin from becoming dry.
Dry skin problem shouldn’t be dismissed. After the skin becomes dry, or cracked, it exposes the skin to dangerous microbial. This raises the dangers of cross-infection. A hand cream that is specially formulated for your medical staff such as nurses is your best approach to prevent damage to the epidermis.
A variety of studies have proven that having a hand cream can effectively stop damage to the skin. One study that had completed a randomized trial of 54 healthcare workers found that using a hand cream led to significant improvement of skin condition especially cracking, scaling, as well as pain.
Another research study had discovered that regular washing leads to slow growth in roughness of skin. However, when the subjects used a hand cream after washing the hand, the roughness of the skin diminished within a couple of days. This clearly reveals the importance of employing a hand cream after washing the hands to prevent skin problems like dry hands.
List of 7 Best Hand Cream for Nurses Reviews
1 L’Occitan Butter Hand Cream
- This soothing hand cream has a rich feel which leaves hands soft and sleek, and is comprised of a creamy blend of Shea Butter, Almond extracts, Coconut oil and Honey to permit for a fantastic moisturizing experience that will last for hours.
- The creamy scar hand cream readily absorbs into skin quickly leaving no uncomfortable oily residue to manage. For people who take hand care seriously this soothing hand cream can be applied as part of an exfoliation treatment so as to ensure that proper and effective hand care can be maintained.
- Although this hand cream is excellent on it’s own L’Occtane offers a vast selection of locations, scrubs and lotions which can be combined and utilized as a way to make a great hand treatment for individuals dealing with dry and irritated skin.
- If it comes to working in the healthcare field nurses and other health care professionals can enjoy taking advantage of L’Occtane’s nail and cuticle oil products in addition to their foot creams to get a more in depth hand and foot care routine, which is great to execute either prior to operate or after a lengthy and exhausting work change.
2 AHAVA Dead Sea Mineral Hand Creams
- AHAVA creates a nice group of hand creams, all which include natural ingredients renowned for their moisturizing and skin-repairing properties. From all though, nurses will benefit the most from this formulation with Dead Sea minerals.
- This refreshing, botanical cream is developed to nourish dry skin and maintain hands hydrated regardless of how frequently you need to wash or disinfect them. It feels luxurious, and the nutrient-rich Dead Sea minerals and smoothening witch hazel extracts may moisturize your skin program after application.
- We genuinely like the fact that its vegan, as well as the paraben-free formula. It is ideal for everyday use, and it’s even allegedly hypoallergenic. We wouldn’t bet on such a claim however; the item contains scents which might trigger allergic reactions from the overly-sensitive. If you do not understand yourself to be sensitive though, this hands cream could be a nice treat.
3 Crabtree & Evelyn Gardeners Ultra-Moisturising Hand Cream Therapy
- Another cream formulated for hard-working hands, the Crabtree & Evelyn Gardeners Ultra-Moisturising Hand Cream packs a wealth of natural ingredients which bring several benefits to your skin. The item is majorly organic and contains macadamia seed oil, Shea butter, in addition to herbal extracts.
- It’s a cooling, soothing effect and soothes dry skin almost instantly. The inclusion of vitamin E along with hyaluronic acid also helps your derma preserve elasticity and prevent premature aging.
- Regardless of the most natural ingredients, the lotion also contains some fragrances, so that is a thing to keep in mind if you’re searching for organic protection. Additionally, it has a fairly strong odor you might or might not like. Overall, though, this is an exceptional product to consider if you don’t suffer from skin allergies and don’t obey the myrrh fragrance.
4 Excipial Rapid Repair Hand Cream
- Excipial Rapid is hands-down a great barrier hand cream for nurses and healthcare workers. It has been designed especially for hardworking hands and reacts perfectly to your needs. It has a concentrated, yet lightweight formula that won’t leave those nasty fatty residues on the skin. At precisely the same time, it provides intensive hydration and acts at which needed to repair the dry, itchy derma.
- Created by dermatologists and perfect to use even by those with sensitivities, Excipial is enriched with emollients and skin conditioners. It can strengthen and encourage the natural barrier of your skin without compromising its delicate balance.
- Even though you can expect to cover all these qualities, the deeply penetrating and fast-absorbing formulation, in addition to the absence of colorants and fragrances make this hands cream a wonderful treat to have in your nurse beauty apparel, or even with your everyday essentials such as the tendon hammer.
5 Avon Care Silicone Glove Hand Cream
- One Avon Silicone Glove Hand Cream moisturizing cream that can help protect your skin against dryness. The heavy silicone-based formulation of the hand cream will get you into areas.
- Only a little amount of this can allow you to treat your hands and make them feel better. This hand cream also has a fresh scent, is non-greasy, and blends in very fast.
6 Aquaphor Healing Ointment Advanced Therapy
- Aquaphor Healing Ointment Advanced Therapy has been clinically shown to treat badly dry and scaly skin. This dermatologist-recommended product may also decrease inflammation which makes it great for the treatment of itchy and rough skin.
- Moreover, the specially formulated hand cream comprises the important ingredient petrolatum that can prevent inflammation of the skin. The item is fragrant free so don’t have to be concerned about patients feeling irritated by the odor after washing. You might even utilize the product for treating minor cuts, burns, and scrapes.
- Aquaphor may seem similar at first to Vaseline that also contains petrolatum. The hand cream has a similar texture to Vaseline too. On the other hand, the item is different than Vaseline because it contains other components apart from petrolatums such as mineral oil, glycerin, lanolin, and panthenol. On the other hand, Vaseline is 100 percent petrolatum because of that it has restricted moisturizing results.
7 Corn Huskers Oil-Free Hand Lotion
- Corn Huskers cream is still another best hand cream for nurses. The cream is excellent for moisturizing skin and preventing dry skin. The product was developed in 1919 to be used as a moisturizer for Iowa farmers who suffered from dry and rough hands due to working long hours at the cornfields.
- The cream looks like a gel rather than a creamy cream. The key ingredient of this cream is glycerin that helps seal and condition the skin. This non-greasy and also the fragrant-free merchandise have flexible usage. Aside from treating dry skin, the cream may also be used to treat cold sores, chapped lips, and other minor skin problems.
- In addition, the item can be used as a foot moisturizer to treat dry and cracked feet leaving it silky smooth. Another use of this hand lotion is shielding against sunburns. The cream cools the skin and also may also cure blisters. Should you are afflicted with frizzy hair, then you may really like hair that can be used to tame the hair. Just apply the cream on the palm of your hands and use it to damp hair.
Features to Look for in the Best Hand Cream for Nurses
Not all hand creams for nurses were created equal. Apart from subjective considerations, like the brand or special formulation though, there are a couple of things all cleansing and fixing hand creams must have in common.
Are organic ingredients known for their therapeutic effects on dry or damaged skin. Be it sweet almond oil, avocado, or argan oil, these substances have the ability to retain moisture and supply intense hydration. Regardless of what type of cream or lotion you prefer, make certain that it is enriched with at least one of the oils above.
Despite the fancy name, all these are simple ingredients found in many skin care products. We’re majorly talking of glycerin, although propylene glycol is also used by some brands. If you have a choice though we recommend going for glycerin, and it is a nontoxic chemical that doesn’t have any damaging consequences.
From all the vitamin variety out there, vitamin E is the most beneficial to the skin. It enriches the pure UV defenses of the skin; it calms it also contains anti-aging properties by boosting the natural collagen production.
Is among the oldest remedies used in treating eczema. It contains vitamin A and E along with essential fatty oils, and it even provides some UV protection.
What you should avoid at all costs are fragrances. Not only strong scents might upset your patients, but most scents may also trigger allergic reactions. Because your skin is already exposed to harsh brokers, you’d better steer clear of all creams and lotions that are scented, unless the scent comes from a vital oil extract.
There are many distinct brands and varieties of the best hand creams for nurses out there that it can be hard to know what is and isn’t important. If you are a nurse and are searching for the very best hand cream, a lot of this will just come down to personal taste; however, there are a couple of things to bear in mind that may help with a decision.
Many clinical settings prohibit the use of aromas and scents. Usually, hand creams aren’t the worst for this, particularly compared with perfumes and body sprays, but if you want to play it safe, it’s probably best to search for a fragrance-free hand cream, or worst case, something that is only lightly scented.
Leave a Reply